• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willy Problem-GUINEA PIG QUESTION!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
One of my Boars, Nelson is very.......errrrmmmm....well endowed :oops:
He does tend to like to 'let it all hang out' :oops: and consequently hay gets trapped under his foreskin :oops: Then when he puts his willy away :oops: the hay goes too... :shock: Consequently Nelson sometimes gets a sore willy :cry: I clean it well, including under the foreskin :oops: but its an ongoing problem.
In the abscence of circumcision for Piggies do you think having him neutered would stop him from dangling his willy all the time?

:oops: :oops: Janex :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know the answer to your question Jane, but that post made me laugh so much!!! I've never seen so many embarassed smileys on one post!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh Jane you did just make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , sorry I have no help to offer you, apart from keeping the hay off the floor so he cant get it wrapped err around his private bits :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

How old is he Jane you might find that it's due to his penile muscles becoming slack through old age.

Neutering is only the same in guineas as it is in buns so i can't see that it's going to be any use to him. Have a chat with vedra at the cct (07721026401.) or your vet.

He's not too warm is he and trying to cool himself off? I've heard some animals cool things down by letting it all hang loose 8)

my parents dog frequently lets his lipstick hang out
That has just put me off using lipstick for life.

Wish I had some advice to give on the problem and I hope you manage to sort out your piggies problem. Have to say the post also made me chuckle.

Thanks everyone!!

Honestly, Nelson really is a VERY BIG boy.... :oops:

I will contact the CCT and see what they advise

Janex

Could you not get him some guinea underpants? Thankfully none of my boars had this problem. Poor Nelson! Hee hee I could make a dirty joke about Nelson's Column but will refrain lol

i have 3 boars all unneutered and they all do that quite a bit. i have to check regularly and just try not to leave hay on the floor too much. i give enough for about 3 hours then top up later. i think thats why my little dumbledore has a bit of an infection on the end of his, left it hanging around when he shouldnt.

I had 4 boys a few years ago and they all used to do that, I had to do daily willy checks. It was a nightmare, they never really seamed sore though.

Phew, I am actually quite relieved that other Boars do this too. I was beginning to think I have a pervy Piggie!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Back