• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bite&roll toy ? glue?!?!?!

when i went on me shopping spree i bought what i thought was a fab toy - its called bite and roll and is coloured wood that u slot together in a ball type thing!
anyways i opened up the packet yesterday and a tube of superglue fell out with it!! and it wont go together without it cas the bits to gointo hole dont fit well enough! surley this isnt safe?! plus all the colouring from the wood (more the dark blue one) came off on my hand and took ages to scrub off!
my mates think im being silly for wanting to take it back to the shop!

I have a toy that sounds a lot like that, but i cant remember if its called bite and roll, but mine didn't come with super glue, and the paint stuff hasn't come off, even in the rain. I'd say to take yours back, if you think its dangerose!

Either take it back, contact the manufacturers or speak to Bunny Basics

Roll n' Chew?

164005.jpg

I've had the one that Gem has posted before and I'm not sure if it didnt have glue or I just didnt use it :? Either way it stayed together easily as it had little slot bits. The dye didnt come off at all :?

same as that but a different make. by happy pets based in leicester and also china address on there. the little prong bits to put into the holes are far too short and the whole thing just falls apart - hence why i think they have added glue.
think ill take it back and write a letter to pets at home stating a toy which requires glue and then is going to be chewed by a bun isnt very good. plus lord knows what tht dye would do to their insides if it came off on my hands :?

I had one that all the dye came off on my hands, there was no glue and it fell apart after about 5mins of attack - wasn't impressed and nor were the buns

Got one, used the glue...its not strong enough to hold the ball together as its water based PVA and the dye is also waterbased so no threat from either that I can see.

Mine has spent all its life in pieces :roll:

I have one, it is glued together and stayed together, but dye does come off. Bunnies not shown much interest in this toy though, occasionally stand on it or move it, but prefer natural sticks for chewing

Mine never stayed together either. The rain has washed most of the colour out, and the bunnies are not that interested in it. Tend to just move it if it is in their way :roll:

I realised I unintentionally lied- it did fall apart :oops: :lol: I had one when I had my foster boys and then chewed it to bits. I guess I would probably avoid dyed things now though, as more natural things like willow are no doubt much better.

ive got 2 the big and the small and i used the glue on both and neither have ever fallen apart even with the buns tossing them around

the dye comes off a little but only if i,leave it in the rain, ive never noticed it coming off onto the buns

some of these toys are better than others as there are a few that now make / sell them

out of all of them the Superpet product is be better made. Best take it back if you are not sure.

glue should be PVA and it should have food based colours. so should be safe

I know that the superpet product is FDA approved havent got a clue about the other companies ones.

Yeah, I think it's vegetable dyes they use on these products. I had one for Rosie (she never bothered with it) and it stated the dyes were veg dyes and suitable for pets.

But I would always be cautious with these type of things and usually give natural toys now.

Back