• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Briar Patch to the rescue!

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Some of you may remember that Briar Patch had a call last week from someone with 20 rabbits needing rehoming :shock:

Well even with offers of help, there wasn't room for all of them, so a visit was made on Friday to assess the situation. Basically the girl has a big heart and has been taking in other people's rabbits which they don't want...but she's ended up with more than she bargained for, nowhere to put them, and the male kept on escaping and making the females pregnant...there were two females with young litters, making up the majority of the 20 buns!

Five bunnies have now been handed over and we will be going back in a few weeks time to sex the babies who are still there with mum(s!)

Firstly we have Blue - this is the chap who keeps making the girls pregnant, so obviously now he is gone, if we can help with rehoming at least any male babies from the current litters, that should mean no more accidental litters! (Incidentally, does anyone know of a neutering voucher scheme running for East London?)

Blue:
100_0789.jpg

Night and Ginger: Brother and sister, 16 weeks old and living together..
100_0787.jpg

Smudge:
100_0783.jpg

The girl had run out of hutches and so Smudge had been living in this:
100_0784.jpg

And finally, Bumper:
100_0782.jpg

Bumper was living in a plastic storage tub as again she had run out of space.

We have given some advice on diet etc and will be going back in a few weeks time to sex the babies - but all those who really needed to rehomed straight away are now safely installed at Briar Patch!

Oh dear, some people really think they are doing a good job, but can end up making things worse, I'm glad she called in some help and well done Briar Patch for helping. :)

Yes it was quite good timing (well as good as these things can be!) as there were 5 that desperately needed rehoming, and Eve has had a good run of rehomings recently - including Davis/Truffle, Archie, Thunder and Harvey, which meant that there was just enough room at the rescue for them!

Aw, well done to you.

Re) the neutering scheme, you need to ring the local RSPCA and ask how/if they are operating it in the area- it seems to work slightly differently for each branch.

Blue is a gorgeous colour

The rabbits don't look in bad condition really do they, they should hopefully find a new home soon

Awww cute. I emailed Eve and offered to help, I have just been given a new large hutch so if you do need somewhere for them to go we can take a few now. :D

Glad they are all safe.

Bumper is so cute, i want him, I hate not having a garden, When i move into my new house i will deffo be homeing more bunnies :D

Bit of an update on this story, all the buns have settled in well. After a week or so Eve saw Smudge making a nest and low and behold...babies :shock: All I can say is a good job they weren't in that "cage" when they were born :shock:

whatamix018.jpg

whatamix017.jpg

There are five little ones, so the 5 original rabbits Eve took in has become 10!! I will keep you all updated with pictures as they grow :D
Smudge and her babies are going to stay at Briar Patch untill they are old enough to be neutered, this is going to be quite a cost so we are looking for sponsors for these little buns, and will soon be launching a name the babies competion....details to follow
go to www.briarpatchrescue.org.uk for details or email briarpatchrescue@aol.com for info on sponsorship :D

Well done Briar Patch! What lovely bunnies. Do you know what breeds they are yet? I'm looking to take DArcy on some blind bunny dates soon in hopes of adopting another bunster... :D

Romy said:
Well done Briar Patch! What lovely bunnies. Do you know what breeds they are yet? I'm looking to take DArcy on some blind bunny dates soon in hopes of adopting another bunster... :D

Nope they are only a week or so old, all we know is the mum is a lionhead :D

You are looking for a lady right? How about the lovely Victoria, she has been at the rescue a while :cry:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7380

Or if you want another lop Daisy is a lovely bun
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=8234

Oh and thanks again for the hay, it went down a treat :D

louise and Gus said:
Romy said:

Nope they are only a week or so old, all we know is the mum is a lionhead :D

You are looking for a lady right? How about the lovely Victoria, she has been at the rescue a while :cry:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7380

Or if you want another lop Daisy is a lovely bun
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=8234

Oh and thanks again for the hay, it went down a treat :D

They are both gorgeous!! I'm looking for any rabbit that Darcy will accept basically!!! :lol: It sounds easy but after last time I'm defo doing bunny blind dates!! :wink: Its 100% down to who Darcy wants. The only thing i'm worried about is if they too tiny all that humping might be dangerous Darcy weighs 9lbs!! :shock: Are they both Medium size would you say? I think that should be fine!

....maybe if Darcy is distracted with a new girlfriend he won't notice me smuggle in two of those gorgeous babies......STOP MUST STOP LOOKING AT THOSE ADORABLE PICS :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back