• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Question for rescues..

mumofthumps

Alpha Buck
I was just thinking (yes it did hurt! ) but as rescues do you ever get a holiday? Or any time off? It just randomly came to me and I Wondered Thanks :)

mumofthumps said:
I was just thinking (yes it did hurt! ) but as rescues do you ever get a holiday? Or any time off? It just randomly came to me and I Wondered Thanks :)

Hello, well we are not a rescue as such, so cannot answer on their behalf.
As a Sanctuary we do not have holidays, and our only time off is a half a day out a couple of times a year .
We try to go out evenings, once the bunnies are safely tucked up in bed :wink:
Running a Sanctuary is a lifestyle and the lifestyle runs your life, but we would not have it any other way. I do not feel we are missing out on anything by not having holidays, what we gain from caring for the bunnies is immeasurable.

Best wishes

Hi, no we don't have holidays or days off because it's all day every day, I work full time so as we can afford to do it and my husband, who is retired, looks after them when I am not there, we never go out together...........sad aren't we!!.

Just worked it out and our last holiday was 18 years ago :shock: :shock:

Well I know that Kay from Bunnyhops occasionally has a holiday and a member of RU moves in for the duration with her bunnies too to bunny-sit :lol:

ROFL :D :D :D

No! I have a wonderful mother who is able to take over on the odd occassion but we can't just stop or close our doors for any time.

we were lucky in having one weeks holiday last year as a friend moved in to house/animal sit....apart from that no hols...

I havent been on holiday for years now but for my christmas pressie my parents paid for me to go with my sister and her family to Disneyland Paris :D I dont go until June but needed a lot of advance warning so I can make sure I dont have many animals here. One of my volunteers is going to look after some of the bunnies and my parents are going to look after the rest. I had to actually pay for a passport this time, shows how long its been since I last went away, last time I had to use my childs passport :lol: :lol: :lol:
I occasionally go to the cinema in the evening but other than that my idea of time off is going out doing homechecks on a sunny day :lol: :lol: :lol:

sgprescue said:
I havent been on holiday for years now but for my christmas pressie my parents paid for me to go with my sister and her family to Disneyland Paris :D

My parents paid for us to go to Disneyland Paris last year and it was absolutely brilliant :D We weren't looking forward to it other than taking our son but we had a magical time. What hotel are you staying in? We stayed in Newport Bay and can recommend their evening buffet, scrummy

Have a fantastic time, if you've not been before, just leave your grownup self at the gates and enjoy :D :D :D

kayjay said:
sgprescue said:
I havent been on holiday for years now but for my christmas pressie my parents paid for me to go with my sister and her family to Disneyland Paris :D

My parents paid for us to go to Disneyland Paris last year and it was absolutely brilliant :D We weren't looking forward to it other than taking our son but we had a magical time. What hotel are you staying in? We stayed in Newport Bay and can recommend their evening buffet, scrummy

Have a fantastic time, if you've not been before, just leave your grownup self at the gates and enjoy :D :D :D

I have been before but many years ago when I was much younger. I am really looking forward to going as I loved it last time. They didnt have the studios park when I last went so it should be brilliant :D. We are staying in the my travel explorers hotel on the disney complex. We are going by Eurostar and should and get from London to the park gates in about 3 hours :D . We are taking my nephew who will be nearly two so it will be a good excuse to go on the kids rides aswell :lol: We have booked wild bills show for the evening we arrive and an all you can eat character lunch for the next day :lol: :lol: :lol:
My grown up self will remain in this country and I will pick it up again on the way back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back