• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moose and Truff in love, an Easter Bunny love story.....

Doncat5

Mama Doe
This is a repeat thread as the last one got lost! :lol:

This is Truffle (previously called Davis) adopted from Briar Patch on Wednesday......

april4-07012.jpg

april4-07011.jpg

After a few days persuading hubby that the journey from Leicester to Essex was worth it, Truff (or Trough lol) has come to live with Moose, my lonely 7 month old female adopted from the RSPCA 5 weeks ago.....

moose16mar07033.jpg

After the long journey to meet Truffle, the bonding seemed slow but there was no fighting and then the long journey home seem to help them become closer. Though when I put them in the new hutch they seemed to be ignoring each other, I'd never had more than one rabbit before and I started to have my doubts.....

april4-07014.jpg

After checking on them at least 50 times before I dare go to bed, I nervously got up the next day, wondering if there would be a hutch full of blood and fur!!........ thankfully, I found that Moose and Chubby Truff had decided that mummy had made a good choice........ and they were in love......

buns-april-5-07002.jpg

bunsnbill-april-6-07010.jpg

REALLY in love......

bunsnbill-april-6-07004.jpg

....... and so they lived happily ever after (hopefully)!!! :lol:

Happy Easter everyone!

so you found him aname after all then donna.. :lol:
trough..loveit..hes not a wickle piggy is he by any chance? :lol:

you dont know how lucky you were with that happeneing gal you really dont!
its taken me over 4 weeks each time! mind you maybe the extra long car ride is the trick..mmm who can i get to give me alft eh!

i cant start till new babyhas had her vhd in a fortnight and then a fortnight after that! :(
in honour ofthe occasion i have bought a brand new water squirter bottle form bunny basics to go with our water pistol..lol anyone got a muzzle for bif? :lol:

Hiya Deb... I really do think the long car journey helped. At the meeting in Essex they werent overly keen on each other, no fighting but a lot of stomping and chasing, when I put them both in the carrier Moose grabbed hold of him pulled a few chunks of fur out and humped him like crazy! :lol: I thought, oh no!!! Eve from Briar Patch asked us to drive round the block to see if they settled down..... as soon as the motion of the car started they both settled, one at one end and one at the other (thank god I took the large carrier too, I took Moose down in a small one). Everytime it looked like they were starting to argue or scuffle I opened the window a bit and the noise seemed to make them stop and settle. I couldnt relax and was waiting for it to all kick off but by the time we got home they were both sprawled out resting on each other.

They make a lovely couple...... :love: :rabbit2: :rabbit2:

Back