• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my one eyed max factor nethie :)

Just to let you all know that my little disabled nethie came home yesterday!!!!!!

Im so happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ive had my eye on him for 2months now - and his finally here

his not 100% better and still has to have eye drops 3 times a day - im hoping it heals and ive told the rescue not to worry if he ends up having treatment all of his life - along as he has a good life however long it maybe thats main thing!!!

I shall post pictures for you all tomo :D

Happy Easter

Here he is :D

He is the most calm bunnie i have ever met - he will sit on your lap for hours and he loves being stroked - i even get the odd bunny wash :wink: :D

25626.jpg

26556.jpg

56256.jpg

562456542.jpg

awwwwww2.jpg

babbyfuff5.jpg

gorgeousbunnie.jpg

justwokeup.jpg

justwokeup.jpg

asleep.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

aaaawwwww what a cutie!! Is his other eye ok? What happened to his eye? Glad that he has a lovely new home now and enjoying himself :D

He is a Max Factor Nethie and was born with all sorts of problems!!!

His other eye has been removed and stiched up - it just looks as if he has his eye shut all the time!!! The other 'good' eye has a small ulcer on which has to be treated 3 times a day.

For a bun with funny back legs - he does get about a bit :lol: Bless him

Oh i get it now.

"The last gene you need to know about is the Max Factor gene. The name "Max Factor" was given to this gene after finding an imported Dwarf buck named Max appeared to be the original carrier. Max Factor will usually give you ones born with their eye slits open, and some form of deformation of the feet. Many times the front feet will be just "flippers" with no toes and sometimes you will get one with extra toes. The hind feet usually are turned "upside down" or turned inward. The eyes will usually be infected due to exposure in the birth canal. The double Max animals will have a different type fur also, seeming more like hair than fur."

Poor bun. So pleased he has you to take care of him. x

Back