• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kath and Kim

Melanie

Young Bun
We are first time bunny owners and we got them home yesterday ... did post this picture yesterday but with the forum wobbles, it has disappeared!

I was so stressed yesterday to make sure they were eating and pooping ... I counted the poops in the litter tray that we bought from the rescue :lol: :oops: :lol: just so I could check they were going (25)!

Image007.jpg

I think the bunnies think we are quite mad .... OH got up twice in the night .... once at 4am(!!!) and said he just wanted to 'check' they were okay ... fortunately they are in the garage so he didn't scare the neighbours.

Got up this morning and there were hundreds of poops ... all nice hay ones :D .... but not all in litter tray :roll:

I told OH that the other day I saw a post on here about someone who had picked up poop with there BARE HANDS ..... eeek!!! Not quite so shocked today .... after the MOUNTAIN of poops we have found ... in the run .... in the carrier .... on the play hutch ... you can imagine!! I started off picking them up in a piece of kitchen roll .... and by midday was picking them up with bare hands as the bin was filling up!!

It is so worth it though, they are gorgeous.

Sorry for the HUGE post but I needed to get it off my chest .... don't worry I did wash my hands before touching the keyboard!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Melanie

Congratulations first time bunny owner - beautiful buns, I remember using kitchen roll/loo roll once upon a time too. I also find it much quicker to use my hands :lol: If you haven't already done so, pop some hay in the litter tray as bunnies tend to enjoy nibbling hay whilst they poop and pee. :roll:

Vickie

Thanks guys .... I feel like I have learned so much off here .... wouldn't have thought to count poops if I hadn't read on here how important diet and pooping was.

This is where the questions will start .... do you think it's too hot to put the bunnies outside? They were out in the outside run (supervised almost obsessively at all times) but most of the morning they just sat in their carrier in the shade .... in the late afternoon when we came back from my nephews birthday and put them back outside, they seemed to like it much more and were eating loads of grass and generally running round bing funny.

Is that because they were too hot, or just because they naturally prefer late afternoon?

Thanks for all the advice ... especially to Snowy for suggesting the gorgeous girls.

Melanie

Haa haa we all become poo handlers in the end lol. You two are so sweet! It's great that the other half is as interested. My boyfriend used to pretend he didn't care but would go check on them about fifteen times during storms lol

Hi Melanie. Buns are usually most active early in the morning and late afternoon, and the weather at the moment is wonderful for them. They'll be fine outside as long as there is somewhere for them to hide/shelter in if they feel like it. Is the run on grass? If so, that's a great set-up as all your buns really need is grass, hay and water, with a small amount of veges.

Awwww what a lovely pair of girlies...... you become immune to poo picking eventually, I actually found myself breaking a large one open yesterday and saying, ooooh what a lovely hay coloured poo,!! My 4 year old said "mummy why are you picking up the rabbits poos and looking at it really closely"? I suddenly thought, I dont know..., WHY AM I?? :lol: :lol:

i'm on poo watch quite alot. mady was ill a few days ago and i kept getting my husband to call me up at work and give the the low down on poo watch ! so your a quite normal bunny mad person now ! :thumb:

I've said it before and I'll say it again they are gorgeous!! So glad you got them home safely and are getting into the swing of being no nonsence parents!! :lol: :lol: Keep the photos coming!!

Back