• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might be getting another bunny!! U/d not getting bunny

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I have been trying to get on here all day to tell you all!! :lol:

My mum was talking to a guy she knows before and he was saying he had been to a pet shop earlier and got talking to the staff about animals (one that does sell animals :( ) and they have had 2 bunnys dumped on their door step last week, not bunnies they have sold though :cry:

Anyway one was pregnant and has been taken home by a member of staff. The other is being kept at the store but not out with the rabbits they sell. They are looking for a home for him/her but not selling the bunny. This is the same pet shop I posted about a few months ago where the guy working there was telling people looking at bunnies to rescue instead of buying and im guessing he has the pregnant bunny.

So my mum called up the store and spoke to what she thinks was a saturday girl because she didnt seem to know too much about it and said she didnt actually have much to do with the animals but yes they are looking for a good home for a rex :love: Bunny has been checked by a vet and is healthy although my mum didnt get if its a girl or boy and the exact age, but its not a baby bun.

She has given my name and number and the guy (im sure its the same one I spoke to about rescuing) called and left a message on my answerphone and said he will call me back!!

Im sooooo excited!! I know its bad to get bunnies from pet shops but this bunny will probably only end up at the rescue anyway if they dont find a home and they dont want money for him/her

Apparently this is an orangey coloured rex :love:

Please dont think Im really bad :oops: And nothing is certain yet anyways x

Why would we think you were bad? It sounds like this rabbit really needs a good home, fingers crossed you get him/her

kayjay said:
Why would we think you were bad? It sounds like this rabbit really needs a good home, fingers crossed you get him/her

Because I have had a few glasses of wine and it is a pet shop that sells animals that he/she is coming from :oops:

Thanks though I am so exctied

Enjoy your wine, I'm on decaff coffee :roll: I bet you're excited and in reality this means another rabbit gets rescued too as if you're like me rabbits come in twos :lol:

Awww, I'm so excited for yooou!!! :D You will be such a brill Mum to this little bun Becky! Nobody will think bad of you!! ... and if they do then thats their problem. I'm doing far, far worse :roll: But if it feels right, then go for it. My friend said to me 'We're just skipping out the rescue' and its right :D X

Awww thanks guys :love:

I am really excited I didnt sleep at all last night :lol: But that could have been the wine too :wink:

The guy called today and said he gave the bunny to his younger sister for easter :shock: :( But when he left the message on my phone he was going to let me take the bunny :( Why did I have to be out!!

I said its not a good idea to give a bunny to a child for easter but he wasnt paying much attention :( I hope the bunny has a good home :cry:

Oh no..... hope the bunny is in a good home, maybe you could leave them your number for when the little girl gets bored of it! :(

The guy is keeping my number :D He is convinced that she will take care of the bunny though and said his mum will definetly help his sister out so hopefully the bunny will be very happy. He is going to be a house bunny and have his own room :D

Aw thats a shame you didnt get the bunn :( I hope she/he has a happy home.

Re) the pet shop thing, its not really like getting a pet shop bunn at all if it was dumped there, poor thing :(

Re) the pet shop thing, its not really like getting a pet shop bunn at all if it was dumped there, poor thing

Yeh I know if they hadnt found a home the bunny would have probably ended up at the rescue anyways. I was a little bit drunk when I posted :oops: :lol:

Back