• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alarmed sheds!

Joanne26

Mama Doe
Does anyone have their bunny shed alarmed?

My bunnies have only been with us for 2 weeks, and every night when i go to lock them up i worry about someone breaking in through the night, seeing that there's nothing to nick but toys and doing something awful to my buns, or letting them out.

Maybe its me just being paranoid because of all the awful stuff thats been on the news recently :|

Is the shed padlocked? If it is I wouldn't worry too much, if alarms went off accidently I bet it'd scare the life out of the buns!!

islalee said:
Is the shed padlocked? If it is I wouldn't worry too much, if alarms went off accidently I bet it'd scare the life out of the buns!!

The shed is padlocked :) I was thinking of an alarm that maybe went off in the house if the shed door was opened, not a movement censored one, i had thought of the noise for the buns :wink:

I dont have an alarm but I have a rather large ferocious looking German Shepherd and a field spaniel patrolling ! :lol: :wink: :D Nobody gets into my garden :D

I have outside PIRs but no alarms. I did have an alarm on the door that went off when you opened it but it had a flip out and started shouting as and when so gave up on it :roll:

I know some of this thread disappeared at the weekend, but wanted to tell GEM, you didn't put a downer on my thread... i appreciated you posting and telling me the awful circumstances you have lost some bunnies :( . You got my **** in gear and we went out and got an alarm at the weekend and it is all fitted and up and running, and i think i will sleep peacefully at night now :wink: :D

For anyone wondering, the alarm won't go off inside the shed, and scare the bunnies to death, its positioned under my bedroom window and the alarm box is conviniently positioned in my panrty :)

Back