• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watership down.

katykat1975

Young Bun
My 5 yr old daughter watched it for the first time tonight, she was crying her heart out when Hazel died, I had to ficht the tears myself. She was still crying when I put her in bed.
I'm sure that film it helped in shaping my bunny loving today!

How many of you watched the film 'watership down' as a kid?

Its one of those films that i can always remember watching when i was a kid. Can't watch it now though, its just too upsetting :(

I watched it once and cried. I borrowed it last week from a friend, my 2 yr old and 4 year old daughters begged me to put it on....... my 2 year old started crying within 10 minutes of it starting and had her face hidden in a pillow, my 4 year old decided she'd rather go to bed as it was too sad and scary!! Must see if they want to try it next week! :lol:

Joanne26 said:
Its one of those films that i can always remember watching when i was a kid. Can't watch it now though, its just too upsetting :(

Yeah, me too. I get really upset at it :oops:

I bought it for my husband on DVD for his birthday a couple of years ago, but unfortunately our bunny Ginger was PTS the day before, so my timing was a bit off! :(

It is upseting, usually my daughter'll watch films over & over but she said ' I don't want to see that again mummy, it's to sad', then rushed over to Harry to cuddle him. So did I :oops: and i'm 36! hehe

I didn't actually like it when I was little, I thought it was boring :oops:
I liked turtles and power ranger type stuff.

I saw it loads of time when I was little. I remember liking it but my younger sister remembers hating it. I recently bought it on dvd and watch it occasionally, not the same now I'm older though!

I've never seen it, but reckon I'll be in tears too :oops:

I have the DVD and VHS still in their packaging :oops:

Gem said:
I've never seen it, but reckon I'll be in tears too :oops:

I have the DVD and VHS still in their packaging :oops:

I wanted to see it again to try and learn as much as possible about rabbit behaviour. Go on Gem, be brave and watch it!

Neil

Do read the book as well, Neil. I agree with Charliesangel - there is so much more to the book, especially rabbit behaviour.

julieszoo said:
Do read the book as well, Neil. I agree with Charliesangel - there is so much more to the book, especially rabbit behaviour.

I last read the book 92 or 93 I think, when I was treading Polo pitches at Cowdray Park in Midhurst. I'd love to get hold of a copy of the nature documentary on rabbits...it was made by Anglia TV I think.

Neil

julieszoo said:
It's sad, but beautiful too. Plague dogs is far more sinister though.

The movie or book? I haven't seen the movie, but read the book and it was awful :cry: SO sad :cry: Was the movie just the same?

Leah xx

Charliesangel said:
julieszoo said:
It's sad, but beautiful too. Plague dogs is far more sinister though.

The movie or book? I haven't seen the movie, but read the book and it was awful :cry: SO sad :cry: Was the movie just the same?

Leah xx

I don't remember the movie being that sad, of course there are deaths in it, don't know I'll have to watch it again...

Neil

Oh my goodness it is so sad. It's the music as well isn't it. I'm certainly not a music buff but whoever wrote the music got the emotion just right. There's the bit when you think one of the rabbits is dying but if you've watched it before you know it survives - but it doesn't seem to make it any better - the tears still flow.

Then again, I have to turn animal adverts over cos I can cry at them.

julieszoo said:
Neil-and-Maria said:
I last read the book 92 or 93 I think, when I was treading Polo pitches at Cowdray Park in Midhurst.

Neil

Coo! How the other half lives ;)

Definitely the best 2 summers of my working life. 40 hours a week during the summer walking up and down polo pitches treading the divots back down. picking fresh sweetcorn from the adjacent field and eating it raw. **** money but a fantastic experience. I wish I was back there now!
Oh and picking mushrooms late in the season and cooking them on a little camp stove!

Neil

Neil-and-Maria said:
julieszoo said:
Neil-and-Maria said:
I last read the book 92 or 93 I think, when I was treading Polo pitches at Cowdray Park in Midhurst.

Neil

Coo! How the other half lives ;)

Definitely the best 2 summers of my working life. 40 hours a week during the summer walking up and down polo pitches treading the divots back down. picking fresh sweetcorn from the adjacent field and eating it raw. **** money but a fantastic experience. I wish I was back there now!
Oh and picking mushrooms late in the season and cooking them on a little camp stove!

Neil

Sounds idylic!!

I want to get back to nature.....for two days camping which will remind me i'm sure why it's been 10 yrs since I last went :wink:
I like warmth & comfort far to much!

Back