• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed - Advice please

michelle&holly

Young Bun
Hi All

I'm sorry you've probably seen these questions before but i can't search the forum to find any answers (get error msg).

1)what exactly is it & can it be used every day or only when bunny is ill?

2)can it be used in the hutch to stop wee getting too messy?

3) can it be cut down?

4)where are the best suppliers? I have found 20x40 inch for £8.64 on ebay - is that a good price?

5) how thick is it?

Thanks!
Michelle&Holly

Hollycuddle1.jpg

Hi
I put some vetbed in for my bunnies and they didn,t bother about it :?
I do use it for my piggies though and they love it :D
It does keep them dry and you can cut it down.I also bought mine from ebay it is a good price :D
You just have to be careful when washing it.It bunged my washer up the first time.Now i give it a good brush to get all the hay off and put it in a pillow case before gong in the washer.

thanks for that. would it be alright to put it in the hutch in the summer too? how often do you recommend changing it & washing etc?

I have vetbed in my hutches :D I wash it every week but mine use their litter trays so dont wee on it. Oh and I always hoover it before I put it in the washing machine!

You can buy it in most pet shops :D

I have just got her a new hutch recently & as the floors pop out it is coming out of the hutch & dripping on the ground - don't want to encourage the foxes in our area.

just want it to push in that corner to try & stop the leaking!

do you think this would work?

M&H

I wash my piggies vet bed three times a week.
If your bunnies don,t wee on it once a week will be fine :D

My piggies wee on it all the time :lol: :lol:
It is really absorbant so keeps them dry.
I always place newpaper underneath the vetbed.

cool thanks - i'll give it a go - for £9 if it doesn't work - or she throws it round the hutch (like she does with everything else!) i'll donate it on here!

M&H

Back