• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my 2 bunnies - visit to vets

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Just got back from the vets (to see my usual vet) after the dramas with Clover last week. It was a really interesting appointment, as he was saying that the thinking is evolving every week at the moment about EC and that the traditional symptoms of head tilt, eye problem, etc are now thought not to be the only problems caused by it. He also said that the amount of time to treat bunnies with Panacur really isn't an exact science and that thinking is changing all the time.

He wants to Panacur treat Clover for some extra time, and do regular treatments every 6 months for both of them (but that this will be reviewed if the recommended timescales change etc). He also said that times of stress can possibly 'bring it out' and it was like a light bulb went on above my head, as I thought 'aha - this all started as soon as they were spayed'. :shock:

They also had VHD vaccinations. I queried whether they were fit enough, but the vet thought it was fine. Really hope so!!! :? I'm in paranoia mode now too, as since they've been back Dusty has been munching on hay but not eaten any pellets yet. I am on high alert - poo watch. :shock: I know it was stressful for them, but surely I can't be unlucky enough to have her go down with it again just after she gets back from the vets?? Breathe......

Hmmm... am seeing a few poos at last. :) I'm sure it's the VHD vaccination that's taken it out of 'em. Not sure if it's safe to go to bed yet - am sooooooooo tired! Here's a pic of me, with eyes propped open with matchsticks! :shock:

Back