• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby gates

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I need to get a baby gate to stop naughty Evo getting into the kitchen when it is finally done. I don't think either of our lives would be worth living if he destroyed the new kitchen. :shock:

Anyway, has anyone found that their bun has jumped over a baby gate? If so, are there any taller alternatives??? And if a baby gate is ok, which is the best one to get?? I am looking at the ones in Argos.

How about to save putting up a gate, and to save your kitchen, I take Evo off your hands..... Ive been eying her up for a while now :wink:

sarattie said:
How about to save putting up a gate, and to save your kitchen, I take Evo off your hands..... Ive been eying her up for a while now :wink:

HE would be very insulted to know you thought he was a girl!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, I think Carys' Bambi has first dibs on him! :wink: :lol:

I've not had a problem with jumping over, but mine can squeeze through the bars if the want... There is a taller gate, meant for dogs - it's around £30 i think (from argos)

oh yes sorry we are deffo 1st in line! Bambi lurveeeees her boyfriend :love:

Good luck with the baby gate search hun :thumb:

CottonMather said:
I've not had a problem with jumping over, but mine can squeeze through the bars if the want... There is a taller gate, meant for dogs - it's around £30 i think (from argos)

Fab!! :D Gap between bars on that one is 5.5cm too, doubt whether Evo could fit through that!

That's the same one I've got - but my dog can jump over it :shock:
I have to keep tight control here to make sure he never meets the bunnies! (he wouldn't go for them, but he would scare them!)

Mine get through the baby gates too, I was amazed as I did not think the bars were that wide apart! I did think about putting some mesh on it ;)

julieszoo said:
Mine get through the baby gates too, I was amazed as I did not think the bars were that wide apart! I did think about putting some mesh on it ;)

Doncat5 said:
My bunny squeezes through the bars with ease!

Of the dog one, or a normal baby gate?

Mine can get through either, but they have to really want to... It's ok, as there's nothing dangerous either side of the gates. I found this out during bonding, when they were being kept separate... both could squeeze through to see each other!!!
But they don't usually do it.
How big is your bunny?
Mine are NZ white (but he is small for one - around 3-3.5kg) and the other is a longer, but slimmer giantX (not sure on wieght)...

We have the lindum dog gate, and it worked really well, until one of the buns realised they could get through if she tried really hard! In the end my husband had to build little MDF guards on the side where the widest bars where, and that has stopped the escaping! :D

Rudy wont go in our kitchen. He thinks the kitchen flooring is out to get him lol. Hes like Bambi on ice in there

mind you..bertie is a frenchie and madam Bif is a podgy madam and the size of a round dwraf lop! but shes losing weight slowly since changing to allen and page natural rabbit pellets..she got rotund scoffing ss no matter how much hay etc she ate!
well they cant fit the bars or jump over..the only one who can is our skinny 7 month old kitten..her brother cant tho or jump it the twit! :lol:

i have seen this one..in fact im saving my pennies up as the other gate will fit across the nomral doorway but theres a much wider doorway going from my lounge to kitchen which need sectioning off purely cos buns can get in there and under feet specially bertie n new bunny slippy floors no object to either of them!

bonus..my grandaughter whos 16 months old will be safe too!

http://www.woofnwhiskers.com/produc...rKeywords~~strSearchCriteria~~PT~64~P~246.asp

trouble is they dont sellit anymore but i found two other uk sites that do but i cant find the bookamrks! assoon as i do ill post emhere.
the sates have the best ones on amazon.com.sigh...

Back