• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free range 'all the time' bunnies....

woodstock

Mama Doe
ok - so i've done it!

Got back from holidays and thought as they hadn't eaten the chairs and table (the rug is a different matter... but i've written that off already) that they could stay out all night :eek: :shock:

Looks like they can behave themselves - although Tuesday has taken to grabbing the cage that divides the dining room (where they are) to the lounge (which is not bunny proof!) and shaking it - i think if he really tried he could move it out of the way and get through, so i might need to secure that...

So i'm now tentatively suggesting to my partner that we think about leaving them out all the time, and get rid of thier 48" dog cage, and get a smaller 'base' for them instead...
I don't think he's too confident yet...

Scary stuff!
:?

I hope it all goes well when you finally take the plunge! :lol:
I love having bunnies running round free when I am at home.... except they tend to get under your feet sometimes which is a pain.

cool!

My buns are free range during the day, and get shut in the kitchen (which is a big kitchen) when we go to bed, so from about 11pm onwards. That's because we have cats, and I don't want the buns to use the catflap to get to the garden at night.

Buns love it, I work from home so they are often under my feet in the study all day.

fudge is freerange and apart from jumping on the dining table he's pretty good :D

our 2 giants are free range in the Kitchen, and the 2 REW's are free range upstairs, its great having 2 buns as alarm clocks when they jump on the bed in the morning.

Mine were freerange until Bluebelle decided the leather settee looked tasty and wrecked it - they ended up inside it. She also ruined my fireplace - I have one of those fake flame ones with stones. I came home one day to find every stone bitten and thrown around the room and the back and sides of the fired chewed - no insurance company will pay for animal damage.

I loved them being free range but can't afford anymore damage. She has bitten through the washing machine and fridge cable and nearly got through the cable tv cable. No matter how secure I tried to make things she found a way in.

I have had 3 netherland dwarf rabbits and none of them were like Bluebelle - she certainly leads little Bojangles astray.

I then put them into a pen in the living room, still with loads of room but she is so strong she can pick up one side in her mouth and drop it making a huge crash and annoying my neighbours downstairs.

I am currently waiting on one of the big cages from zooplus to arrive and till then they are in a dog crate.

My bun is free range in my bedroom and is so well behaved its mad! I have a foot tall barrier that he could easily jump, but doesnt, he doesn't eat much that hes not allowed and doesn't pee or poo any where but the litter tray.

I bet the new bunny is going to be a right ******!

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:08 am Post subject:
I bet the new bunny is going to be a right ******!
:lol: :lol: Yup !!! you're in for it now...! Although saying that the good one may well fix the bad one lol :roll: well you can dream!

Mine are given the range of lounge, hall, kitchen, bathroom and half way up the stairs while I'm around, but if I go out during the day they are confined to the hall and bathroom, and during the night they are shut in the bathroom, so I suppose they are sort of semi-free range at the moment.

Back