• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

alternative 6x2x2 hutch + run combo.

Looks good. The only difference seems to be that the run is a bit lower. The HH run is 2 ft high. I wish the HH was made with T&G. I have their hutch and run combo in plywood, but also a HH hutch without a run underneath, and that one is made with T&G.

Bavarian Bunny said:
Looks good. The only difference seems to be that the run is a bit lower. The HH run is 2 ft high. I wish the HH was made with T&G. I have their hutch and run combo in plywood, but also a HH hutch without a run underneath, and that one is made with T&G.

The same here. But I think I may cover mine with shiplap before next winter arrives. Otherwise I am very happy with it.
Carol X

Make sure you secure the latch of the roof with a padlock or something else which is solid. I hadn't found a small enough lock yet and just put in a wooden stick, and last weekend a strong gale blew the roof right off. The hinges were too damaged to use them again and some of the screws were broken. They should really supply better screws. Now we put on new hinges and secured the latch with a padlock. I never open the roof, anyway.

i was gunna get a hh aswell and never saw these! think im gunna go for the shiplap one! looks really well made and their feeback is amazing!

I have a separate run which is 20 inches high. It is enough for my small to medium sized bunnies to stretch up to the top, but if I put a box or something in it, they can't really hop and sit on top of it. Plus my little mistress of escape Penny can jump out easily. :roll:

I've mentioned this somewhere else as well, but I dont mind repeating myself lol! I have the HH and though the quality of the ply isnt fantastic mine is well coated with wood preserve and has a tarp on top so I cant see the ply and its well protected. I'm really happy with the height of the hutch and run as I have pet carriers inside both bits, and theres height for the buns to jump on top, which mine love doing. Also the positoning of the hole for the ladders is different, I preferred the central hole as mine use the corners for weeing and sleeping in.

I bought some small cheap plastic doorstops (85p for 3), and screwed 6 on the base of the run, its keeps it about an inch of the ground and gives enough room to sweep poos out and lets rain and washing water run away.... so it should take many more years to rot, with a bit of luck! Oh and another tip, I couldnt see the point in having a lift of roof but I bought a £3 sheet of hardboard and tacked it to the inside of the ceiling, its easy to cut and gives an extra layer of protection for the winter.

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the HH at first, but once I put a few coats of wood preserve on it I really started to like it and now its all together the bunnies and me love it. I was a bit annoyed though, to see the little swines had chewed most places already! :x

:lol:

Back