• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Rabbit Called And Why?

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
EDIT - To continue this thread please can you reply to the new Whats Your Rabbit Called and Why? Continued thread, please.

This thread is getting difficult to view and reply to as the last 3 pages are errors. We dont want to lose anyones posts so reply on this thread below.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=46020

Thankyou
Neil and Maria
END OF EDIT!!!

Just curious...if enough people answer I'll count them all up and list them by popularity. Here's ours....

Nellie...after me
Poppet...because Maria thought she looked like one
Elvis...after THE singer. by law everybody should own a rabbit called Elvis!
Florence...my mother and grandmother's middle name
Kitty...Maria's grandmother and name for a baby rabbit (kit)
Rita...Maria's mother
Colleen...Maria's father (!)
BooBoo...after my sister (she hates me now)
Dylan...after Bob and Thomas rather than the Magic Roundabout.

My plan is to have arabbit for each letter of the alphabet (don't tell Maria!).

Neil

I only have one bun at the moment.

She is called Snoopy because she looks vaguely like the cartoon dog! You may think it's a masculine name but that's cos the vet told us she was a boy!! Lucky we didn't stick with our initial name for 'him' - Dylan!

harvey just kinda suited him. i looked at tons of rabbit name websites while i had him on my knee and i thought ooo lets name him after a famous rabbit. and apparently harvey was a rabbit in a film or something. just think it really suited him. i liked bailey but i think that suits a more mixed brown colour bun.

Well ... Rosie was called Angus for the first couple of days we had her, until our vet informed us that the rescue had mis-sexed her :roll:

Just liked the name Rosie, I suppose - as simple as that. :)

Well... there's a question! :? :lol:

Clover - just seemed like a lovely bunny name!
Dusty - don't know really. She's grey (but so is Clover!) and I just liked the idea of calling her Dusty Bun (as in Dusty Bin for other children of the 80s! :lol: ) As it happened, she doesn't suit her name at all. She came with the name Princess Fiona ( :lol: ) and that suited her better, as she is the glamorous half of the duo (Clover has the brains).

Am I looking into this too deeply?! :oops: :lol:

Molly because I didn't know his gender at first and I let my boyfriend (then housemate) name him so he'd warm to him, he was scared of rabbits bless him. I'm not really one for renaming pets so once he 'became a boy' he stayed a Molly.

Faline because she is fawn coloured and that's the name of Bambi's love interest. I like tedious links. It also means 'in charge'.

Bunnys i have now

Crystal- im not sure why :? when i first got her she was pure white and my mum said she was a Crystal colour so i called her Crystal lol
Honey- was originally called Kammy named after a cat i sadly lost years ago :( but was renamed Honey by my friend

Bunnys i used to have

Thumper- she was grey and thumped her foot alot like Thumper out of Bambi lol i was only 9 at teh time though :p
Flopsy- he tripped over his own ears when they first flopped and flopped to the floor haha
Cookie- she resembled a chocolate chip cookie when she was a baby
Smudge- he was a Smudgy colour lol
Teddy- he was a big fluffy Teddy Bear :D

Nunzeo is called Nunzeo because I heard it one day then a few days later saw him, and it became his name, and there is no other name in the world that would suit him

I was having a chat with my nephew (who is 19 months old) andasked him 'if we dont like the new bunny's name, what shall we call her?' he said truck (nope not calling her truck) then nooooo ahhh (not calling her noah) then, the little star said Yula, while pointing to the floor. So new bunny might be called Yula.

Fleur, because she is a french lop and I wanted a girly french name. Also because I've always had names that ended with eeee (ie Bonnie, Honey, Barney... get the pattern?)

Jinxy was already named at the rescue I got him from, was going to change his name to Jack, but Jinxy seems to suit him, so it stuck!!

xx

Liam and Mishka

They had these names already when i adopted them and thought they suited them so we kept them :)

teegra because he has orange and black stripes and reminded me of a tiger and teegra is greek (or something :? ) for tiger
duchess was already named :D

I have a bit of a Roman theme:

Scipio - Roman General Scipio, beat Hannibal
Aemilia - Scipio's wife
Gaius - Gaius Julius Caesar
Flower - Poll decided to leave her name as it was!

The new boy arriving on Monday is called Nitro, I'm not going to change this, as it's a Marvel character's name - the start of a whole new theme!!! :lol:
I love Marvel

Sooty.. cos he's black
Holly.. cos we got her just before Christmas
Sweep.. cos she's black and it goes with Sooty
Bluey.. cos she had a blue haze to her fur when she was little

**All names were picked by Josh who loves the bunnies so much he will sit outside in the rain so that he can talk to them :D

Buttons- was originally Buttercup until we found out he was a boy my mam changed it to Buttons.
Amber- already named by breeder
Poppy- cute name for a cute bunny
Casper- we had to think that one cos we ran out of names that suited him and it suits him to the ground, Casper the friendly rabbit :lol:
Cleo- i love the name so wanted a rabbit called that

Hmmmmm, this could take some time......

Maggie- She was a matted mess of cashmere Bun with severe pneumonia when she came here. A real manky-matted MAGGIE

Old Bill- He was found by the Police when they were searching a property after a 'sudden death'

Lara- a pretty name for a pretty Orange Rex Bunny

Grandpa Gregory-I adopted him a couple of weeks ago. He is over 10 years of age!!

Freya and Fred-Mum and son, names go together

Jessica-Well there is always a Jessica Rabbit!!

Danny-named after a Vet

Hal- a handsome Orange Rex-Handsome Hal

Jake- The name suits him

Cerys- The name just came to me, she was called 'Tripod' cos she only has three legs!!

Brian- was called RYAN but everyone called him Brian

Esme- I like the name

Meg- named by Nicola3 on here who rescued her

Inspector Morse- My fave TV Detective!!

Libby (Liberty)- came from the most horrendous place-Liberty meaning FREEDOM

Gordon Bennet- what my friend said when she saw his pic on RR

Aisling- I like the name

Maya- Name suits her

Zack- name suits him

Michael- I like the name

Millie- Name suits her

Ned- Another name I like

Bernie (Bernadette)-was called Bernard as was meant to be a Buck!!

Dermot- He looks like a Dermot

Sir Victor Velveteen-cos he's posh (But really more of a Hooray Henry :roll: )

Miss Bunny Penny- a very comely Doe.... 8) 8)

Flynn- I like the name

Rodney- He just looks like a Rodney!!

Chloe-I like the name

William- I like the name

Leo- A courageous Bun-'Leo the Lion'

Sarah- Another name I like

Nomad- named by Rainbow (Sparklefairy) who rescued him

Lizzie- a very busy-bunnie-Busy Lizzie

Eddie- named after a singer called EDDIE RABBIT :lol:

Murphy- the name suits him

Felicity- named after a Vet

Stanley- found as a stray in STANLEY Road

Tess- a sort of lionhead and Tess is a lioness-like name

Janex :D

Audrey is so called because when I met her it popped into my head and I just *knew* that was her name :D :lol: Her old name before was Japan which didnt suit her at all. She knows her name :D

Worm the cat is named that because she was very skinny and wriggly when I first got her :oops: :lol:

I always use "people" names for my pets... not a big fan of "fluffy" and "snookems" although they suit lots of bunnies.

Charlie I named Charlie mainly because it suited him but also because:
-he used to run around and binky like a maniac on speed (or charlie!)
-he's white
-i couldn't stop sniffing behind his ears they smelt so good... he's addictive!

Jack I called Jack because we were originally told (by P@H no less!) that she was a "he" and Jack just sort of suited "him"... also she sort of looks liek a JackRabbit!

My bun is called Bert or Bertie or Bertie-Boy. He was originally called Duchess but then i found out he was a boy. I was still gonna call him Duchess but my dad has a habit of calling every male animal Bert so it just stuck.

Back