• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help - I've done a bad thing!!!!

Was in the garden doing up my trainor, and Jasper ran right under my foot as I put it down, I stepped on him, not hard, but he did go a bit flat and had to fall off balance, as to stop myself from stepping hard on him. :(

I've checked him lots of times and he seems ok, I've prodded him and poked him, and he's doing binkys in the garden now.

One odd thing I've noticed tho - and I don't seem to remember him doing it much before, when I grope his back, near his tail he starts grooming his chest!

Now I never really grope him on his tail, as he likes nose and cheek strokes - I don't think the two are related, just thought I'd post as I feel really really bad!!!

Small orange giraffe said:
Was in the garden doing up my trainor, and Jasper ran right under my foot as I put it down, I stepped on him, not hard, but he did go a bit flat and had to fall off balance,

:lol: :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh, but that bit cracked me up. I'm sure he's fine though, mine can fit themselves through teeny gaps so i'm sure he can deflate a bit too. :p

Maybe he has a ticklish tail? I'm sure rabbits are on a kamikaze mission sometimes

Oh thank goodness! Thanks for your post Deelove, was feeling ever so guilty!!!

You've made me feel better! It was a bit of a shock to see him like that, must say! And I had rested my foot on top of the run (which is quite tall). They are so silly, they come out of nowwhere and dash around, mad as lorries!

But he does seem fine, esp. after binkying round my lovely topsoiled/re-seeded lawn!

Small orange giraffe said:
One odd thing I've noticed tho - and I don't seem to remember him doing it much before, when I grope his back, near his tail he starts grooming his chest!
My dwarf lop Smudge always used to start grooming her chest whilst I brushed her "bottom" I had to be careful not to get my hand in the way or she'd groom that as well - rabbits have such rough tongues! She was also a blighter for sneaking up on you (especially whilst you were hanging out the washing), if she wasn't so adept at wriggling out of things I would have tied a bell round her neck! Glad to hear your bun was okay :)

They are so naughty!! Willow is always under our feet!! he likes to sit under the computer chair and you have to be so careful not to hurt him!!

Squidgy's been kicked a few times :shock: just because he runs under people's feet, and as much as you're looking out for them, it can't be helped sometimes.
I'm sure he'll forgive you :wink:

I felt guilty the other day. Rory was haing a mad half hour running his "circuit" through his tunnel, round his cage, behing the sofa, round and round. This particular day he misjudged the tunnel and ran into the wall. I couldnt help laugh because he looked around to see if we had noticed and looked slightly embarassed :oops: (well I think he did :lol: )
he didnt hurt himself, I did check and I wouldnt have laughed if he had. I am a good mummy really :angel:
Tracy

My lot are awful for getting underfoot, especially at breakfast time. I'm there trying to step into their run and they're doing mad circles and I find myself going "Feet, Feet, Feet" at them - I must sound like one of those lorries when they reverse :oops: :oops:

i;ve kicked mady lots of times as she has run from under the bed while i;ve walked passed and not see her. if he is blinkying about i'd say he was fine.

Back