PDA

View Full Version : what has your bunny destroyed?

tracyuk
04-04-2007, 04:51 AM
I have just caught Rory on the stairs chewing my fave suede jacket. It now has a huge hole on the shoulder. He knew he was being naughty because he ran away sooo fast when I said his name.
Little monster is hiding behind the sofa and has been there for about 20 mins :lol:
Tracy

Angie65
04-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Hole in my Landlord's carpet before i moved out & hole in the plaster under the dining table :shock:

oscarbunny
04-04-2007, 04:55 AM
None of which were plugged in at the time but they have bitten through...

4 laptop leads
2 telephone wires
1 ethernet cable
1 xbox wire
1 hair straightener lead
1 lamp lead
1 pair of slippers

thing was... on all occasions i was watching them.... and saw them do it.... tried to pull them away... and too late in half :( naughty buns

Vix
04-04-2007, 04:56 AM
cables!!!! he chewed my microphone cable into about three sections under my bed :roll:

Angie65
04-04-2007, 04:58 AM
When I first got Smirnoff & knew nothing :oops: he chewed through my Xmas tree lights, my CD player speaker wires, playstation wires & phone charger. All were plugged in :shock:

Tiger Lilly
04-04-2007, 05:00 AM
you name it they've chewed it! :lol:

bumble3130
04-04-2007, 05:02 AM
harvey is an outdoor bun but is often in the house having a hop about. he had a chew on me corner tv unit and did attempt to dig on my brand new expensive rug which i now have learnt to roll up before getting him in the house :lol:

mimi75
04-04-2007, 05:14 AM
lots of things and 99% of the time they are my husbands!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CottonMather
04-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Scipio & Aemilia tore loads of wallpaper off (but, I didn't really mind, cos my 5yr old daughter has been doing the same thing :? - not sure who taught who!!!) and they try to eat my post if I don't get to it in time - luckily just bills though! :lol:

crazyrabbitlady
04-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Off the top of my head:

3 or 4 Nokia chargers
1 laptop cable
1 dance mat cable
1 playstation cable
1 landline phone cable
1 Telewest TV/Broadband cable
Several cushions
Several duvet covers

:lol:

Deelove
04-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Several pairs of jeans have holes
A jumper
photos
books have nibble holes at key points!
A cabinet :oops:
several phone chargers/hands free kits
a lamp cable
various food stuffs.
Faline's also haveing a good go at tearing up the carpet by the door.
Oh and the bottom of my mum's curtains which I now have to buy new ones for.

Amanita
04-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Between them so far:

4 ethernet cables
2 phone lines
2 patches in our lovely new carpet
Taken chunks out of our fireplace
Eaten a good part of our cupboard door
A couple of tiles
And a large amount of our living room wallpaper!

islalee
04-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Erm.. Phone cable and there are holes in my carpet, that it really. The carpet doesn't matter, its his bedroom (I just sleep there :roll: ) and when we move we are pulling up all the carpets.

cannonwoman
04-04-2007, 06:31 AM
My Nerves!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

tupperwarequeen
04-04-2007, 06:35 AM
wallpaper
skirting board
door & frames
christmas tree lights
hubbys stereo cable (£35 per metre!!)
willow trellis for the garden
slippers
straw summer bag
underside of the dining table

I'm sure there are loads more :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lynette
04-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Rusty has chewed a massive chunk of wallpaper off the wall (rented house) which we have been attempting to paint over! :shock: :shock: He has chewed OH's works shoe laces, whoops and holes in the back of the sofa. Here is hoping OH doesn't read this as he doesn't know that bit yet :?

Rusty is well worth it though, too cute to get annoyed with :love:

Edit: I wouldn't actually get annoyed, just a figure of speech :oops:

norah
04-04-2007, 06:41 AM
All of the above, plus a couple of leather bags, some shoelaces, a selection of books, magazines, bills, contracts and other printed material. Everything apart from chewy toys they are supposed to chew :roll:

lil_sar
04-04-2007, 07:01 AM
one word: everything! :lol:

Crystal butterfly
04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
1. the hoover :shock: Flopsy Chewed right through the wire... my fault for leaving it out lol
2 Phone Charger... lucky my dad had the same charger as me lol
3. loads of my clothes :twisted:
4. a hairdryer
5. lots of College work

i think thats it.... :roll:

all these were wrecked by little bun Flopsy he had a really bad habit of dragging my clothes into his cage through the bars :shock: hense why i moved him out my bedroom lol

mumofthumps
04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
my heart.. i am completely in love with buns he is my little angel and my heart is completely destroyed with love! As well as that every handbag that he can get his hands on! he is a bunny obsessed lol(laugh out loud)

cheekytikki
04-04-2007, 08:25 AM
with teeth:
sky cable
scart lead
3 x pillow cases
countless sheets, duvets covers
my clothes :roll: (including a newish pair of trousers which they attempted to make into shorts :roll: )
my squishy pillow :no:

by continual weeing on it through the cage bars: my laminate skirting :roll:

piningforarabbit
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
several jackets
monitor cables
and finally...
strange coincidence, fifi, chewed through the power cable of my freezer this sunday...she got such a shock

singed fur, whiskers, brown teeth

stupid bunny, bet she won't be doing that again

cavysrock
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
everything indoors AND outdoors :roll:

kitschkitty
04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Phone line where it comes in the wall (cut of our phone).
Small nibble holes in 3 pieces of clothing as he was to quick for me to stop.
2 tiny bits of wallpaper (luckily he generally leaves walls alone).

Deej is generally not a chewer, but he just can resist cables, so we now try keep the all out of bounds.

I heard that they like cables as they remind them of roots that thy want to dig up (and also that they can possibly sense charges in wires), and the same with bits of paper etc that stick out.

tracyuk
04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
That will be why bunnies cannot resist pinching letters from where ever they find them. Rory knows he is not allowed to do this because he always runs as soon as he has it in his mouth. lola is my good girl, she doesnt chew anything that isnt hers, bless her.
Tracy

tupperwarequeen
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
oh I forgot, the rubbery stuff off the back of the sky remote :roll:

sarahbarnsley
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
we'd had sky installed for all of 10 minutes when gus disconnected it from the phone line :lol:

he also ate all the skirting in the flat i used to rent - managed to sort it and get the bond back though

then betty ate the spare room carpet in our old house in lundwood, then the day after we moved into the last house which was brand-new she ate a huge chunk of carpet on the landing

lola's chewed the ps2 cable and the phone line to pieces this year and put a hole in the new living room curtains

zeb has eaten a bit of carpet int the bathroom and frida's eaten some in one of the spare rooms in this brand-new house (devalued no doubt by thousands since we moved in :lol: )

bracken thankfully isnt a chewer but she needs lino in her room due to her habit of wild-peeing until she's decided where her litter tray is going (this changes on a monthly basis :lol: )

the trivial pursuit box in the living room has been shredded and has been thrown about in the past week - zeb ruined 2 pairs of my jeans when he was a baby from chewing - he also peed up about 10 pairs of them too but thankfully they've washed ok - frida has eaten a couple of my books before she discovered yellow pages - lola has eaten a couple of buttons on the remote and most of my tops have chew marks on the right shoulder from holding my little piggies

to summarise - my bunnies and piggies are ridiculously destructive but i love them :)

GemmaH
04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Mine are in the shed and are almost through one of the legs on one of the guineas pig hutches. I can't leave any bags on the floor because they chew them, scatter the contents or usually both!

earthspirit
04-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Carpet, countless shirts of mine, important mail, probably so many other things, but those are the big ones.

Happy Hopping
04-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I think the thread question should change to "What's left of your house that's not YET destroyed?" http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1905/giggleym0.gif

The past and present bunnies have destroyed some cables, carpet, a big box (stand), mouldings, edges of door, bite off small pieces of chairs, the vinyl in the kitchen floor, my shirts, a few small pieces of the edge of my brief case, urine spot on the rosewood cabinet (don't know how to remove the spot).

jessiebuns
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
NTL cables and broadband

TV power cord. Still waiting to get £30 to get it rewired!!

Partners xbox 360 completely chewed through all cables. I rang xbox and got them all replaced. Thankgod!!!

Phone in kitchen. Now Jess uses it as a toy phone!! It has no wires!

Skirting and door frame in hall way. Obviously in protest of being moved from the 'crime scene' of the living room to the hallway :lol: :lol:

My blue top. I put it on the other day, went to walk out frontdoor and noticed nibble holes on the arm and cuff. :shock:

All this is down to lovely Lailey. My ickle porridge would never be so naughty!!

chloaster
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Mostly stuff that just happened to be in passing but on occassion things that have taken thought and pre-planning!! :!:

Snowflakes mummy
05-04-2007, 01:15 AM
This is a funny thread!...
Countless nokia fone chargers! Thank God for ebay!
A priceless rug from my Gran has no fringe on it lol :lol:
Cables of any sort...
Any item left on my bedroom floor :lol:
The hoover - but my mum doesnt know that yet :?
A hole in the brand new recliner chairs - doesnt know that yet either :?
some wall paper...
Christmas lights
and loads of clothes and lots of extension leads
and I cant think of much else.

Azraelm
05-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Hmmmm well actually Audrey hasnt destroyed that much but has attempted a lot :lol:

Two phone chargers, one phone cable (and one by Rowan) and the cable running to the fountain in the garden...which is no more since she did that. And of course the skirting boards, doors, 2 draught excludors, patches of (new :shock: ) carpet, wallpaper, walls in general, handle of a handbag, a whole little handbag/purse which I'd used for a wedding- in pieces, the toes of a pair of smart shoes I'd worn only once :roll: :lol:, and shoelaces of trainers... and a table leg.

Thats rather a lot actually! :shock:
The worst thing is the skirting boards and doors which looks terrible.

tracyuk
05-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Oh yes mine too :roll:
tracy

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I always post this picture on these threads:

Flump was 'ere: :roll:

http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/10.jpg

Amsy1991
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Well my guinea pigs,together,have destroyed:
1 hutch divider
1 wire,leading to the speakers :oops:
The carpet,I cleaned it up!
Their old food bowl
The old hutch floor
The grass!
2 toys i made for them...i blame Misty! :lol:
A chair,well only a few bite marks
A pience of paper or 100!

Joanne26
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I always post this picture on these threads:

Flump was 'ere: :roll:

http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/10.jpg

:shock: OMG, hee hee

Mrs_Molly
05-04-2007, 09:58 AM
as of yet, nothing but onli had her since saturday haha

katykat1975
05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Mostly my daughters homework, or so she says :twisted:

Strangely he's a goodboy the rest of the time, must REALLY hate homework as much as her!!

Estelle
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Hobbes once made a hole in the rubber seal around the washing machine door. Cost me £60 to get someone to come out and replace it :roll: :roll: :roll:

touie
05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
well Niamh got through :

every bed sheet, duvet cover and pillowcase i owned!
Curtains and
upteen clothes that she helped herself to from the clothes airer or ironing basket
and the ironing basket
the others have managed between them:

a few computer mice
loads of phone cables
the vacumn cleaner
PS2 and controllers
remote controls (well nibbled the buttons off)
the landing bin
kitchen door
the lounge carpet (Splodge :roll: )
couple of coats
my sons new school uniform (niamh again)
the entire garden :shock:
duvets!

kitschkitty
05-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Oops I forgot to mention 4 buttons on the remote control, and a couple of my OH's books (he knows he shouldn't leave them on the coffee table, as Deej will pull anything he can get hold of, off of it!

madysmummy
05-04-2007, 07:20 PM
mady has chewed lots of my husbands clothes ! many i have hidden in the bin !
also she has chewed the back of our sofa !
some of my shoes
bags

parts of the carpet under the bed.

chloaster
05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Max chewed the bottom corner of my hot water bottle which then burst on me in the middle of the night!! :lol: I laugh now ......

Isabel
08-04-2007, 08:53 AM
OMG Jeremy! I'm glad my boyfriend didn't see that before we got ours :D

Mine are quite good really they've destroyed a lot of wall paper
nibbled on a handbag and some shoes

They may or may not have eaten o/h's shirt but I've managed to convince him and myself that it was the washing machine! :lol:

oh yes and there was the drama of Barney chewing through the telly wire a few months ago.

AmyJo
09-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Apart from destroying newspaper in his crate i cant think of anything Rudy has really broken. Hes such a angel (yeah right!! :angel: )

charl343
09-04-2007, 04:40 AM
I've just jad a close call with a new bag....thankfully I saved it just in time!!

fluffiebunnie
09-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Had a laptop cable chewed which is now all taped up. Also a nice pair of knee high leather boots. Chewed the zip so now they dont zip up!!

And today I found Pickle had half eaten his way out of the run in the garden. :roll:

He is a naughty boy!!

beckiboo186
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Aww Gosh!! Apart from Till chewing a cable once, None of my buns have destroyed anything, ever!!! Must have em well trained :D

lucyj
09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Not too bad, jst one fone charger, but I never take my eyes off them when they'r in the house. I did have 2 kittens who totally destroyed 2 pairs of shoes (the ones that had a single strap that went up around your leg, looked a bit like a spring when they were off so suppose couldnt blame them!)