• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 housebunnies

lil_sar

Warren Scout
I'd love to get Dillon a girlfriend. He's a housebunny and currently has a 2 level hutch to live in whilst we are at work. Has anyone got any suggestions about the best way to house two housebunnies.
Defo want to get one from a rescue, would they let me take Dillon with me so he could meet his potential soul mate?

I expect most rescues would be ok with that but speak to them first.

As for housing I have two house bunnies who have their base in a 48inch dog crate. But they have access all day to my bunnyproofed living room.
Have you thought about getting a pen? THen they could use your existing cage as a base and have a bit more leg room while you are out at work.

When i had 2 housebunnies i had a 48" dogcrate and a playpen attached. Now i have 3 and have a spare bedroom which is their room so they have no cage anymore :D

i have 2 in spare room 1, 2 in spare room 2 and 1 in a pen - i think both options work well as long as theres enough spare room for them to binky about and throw their toys

hmmm, yes a dog crate is good idea! I love the idea of giving them the spare room- I am moving to a 3 bed house but its got brand new wallpaper and carpets throughout- don't think its going to be looking brand new for long! :lol:

Back