• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scip got bit! - JANE!!! NEED YOU!!!

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
My poor Scipio has a bite on his back :shock: (Aemilia looking all innocent in the corner!) It's just a graze, so I'll just keep it clean and bathe it with TCP... They've not had a scrap since they were bonded, and were happily grooming each other just now, so I'm hoping it was just a lover's tiff! :roll:

It must be the time of year cos some of my Does are being real so-and-so's to their Bucks at the mo'... :?

I would not use anything other than sterile saline to clean the wound. TCP would hurt like :censored: and the smell may cause another scrap to kick off :roll:

As long as its not a puncture wound it should heal up ok.

Janex :D

Ok, Cheers... won't use the TCP (I didn't know it hurts that bad - I've never actually used it on myself :oops: )
The wound does look fine, a graze rather than a puncture... and they're both behaving normally now... I'll just keep my eye on them! :wink:

Jack's-Jane said:
It must be the time of year cos some of my Does are being real so-and-so's to their Bucks at the mo'... :? :D

That could explain why Roxy is currently being mean to Barney. You should get some sort of Doctorate for your rabbit knowledge Jane.

IsabelM said:
Jack's-Jane said:
It must be the time of year cos some of my Does are being real so-and-so's to their Bucks at the mo'... :? :D

That could explain why Roxy is currently being mean to Barney. You should get some sort of Doctorate for your rabbit knowledge Jane.

Totally agree... the University of Rabbits United hearby awards Jane with a PhD in 'Rabbit Knowledge' :D - now you need to change your name to 'Dr. Jack's-Jane! :lol:

CottonMather said:
Ok, Cheers... won't use the TCP (I didn't know it hurts that bad - I've never actually used it on myself :oops: )
The wound does look fine, a graze rather than a puncture... and they're both behaving normally now... I'll just keep my eye on them! :wink:

If it's just a graze I'd probably just leave it alone and just check on it to make sure it doesn't become an open wound.

My buns had a scrap and Anastacia had a bit of a graze, I just kept an eye on it and let it heal by itself :)

Back