• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

megazorb bad batches?

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I think i've read something about this on here before but the search isn't working.

I've got my newest bag of megazorb and it's rather a finer texture to previous bags, it's also pretty dusty and has a funny odour to it.

Is it ok to keep using or should I bin it, I get it from my local pet supplies shop and they order it in direct as far as I'm aware.

I've noticed that Megazorb has changed too. But, to be honest, it's gone back to the way it used to be a few years ago. :? It's the same colour and smell as it used to be way back. Anyway, I have stopped using it for my bunnies, as my vet said she had seen some in the poo of my Clover, who was being treated for gut stasis, so it's obviously being eaten (possibly unintentionally).

I thought it had changed too! This bag I've got smells like cat poo!! (Sorry!! :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen: Claire x

I changed over from megazorb to wood cat pellets, as I thought it was a little dusty, especially for Salt who's a little snuffly. His snuffles have cleared up since.

Ive used megazorb but changed back to thick type woodshavings and hay because it irritated my asthma and I felt the smell may effect the buns. It also changed from each batch I bought. :roll:

Blimey! After reading this, I'm wondering if this has caused Humphrey's eye problems.......... :? Claire x

It has got dustier, but I've always sprinkled a handful of wooden pellets over the top of the megaorb anyway - both to stop it being dragged out of the trays on their coats and it's more absorbant too. But I find wooden pellets on their own too expensive

minilops said:
I thought it had changed too! This bag I've got smells like cat poo!! (Sorry!! :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen: Claire x

Hah! I wanted to say that but thought you'd all think me odd.

Back