• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vets costs

trance

Warren Scout
After reading some posts I am thinking my vet is quite expensive.
I paid £65 for Snowies castration and its £37 for myxi and vhd injections.
How does this compare to some of yours?

:shock: ohh that does sound quite alot!
I paid £50 for castration and that included the after medication and two check ups- plus overnight and ambulance (i know it sounds very ER)
Both the myxi and VHD jabs came as a package for £22. I think if I had them done separately they cost £12 each, which I think is reasonable.

I paid £58 for Fudge when he was neauted the included 1 check up afterwards.. Fudge had an infection so I ended up paying another £180 to get tha treated :( ... I pay £15 each for their vacs.

I pay £25 for mxyi vaccs or £35 for both (need myxi every 6 months). This does include a vet check-up too.

Its £40 for does to be neutered, £35 for bucks - this includes one check-up but it would cost extra to treat any infection resulting from it.

To be honest, my vets arent the cheapest in my area but i know they are the best so i dont mind paying the extra (although its annoying)

where in northants are you?
the vet i use in corby(pm houghton) is really good and its £15 for each injection and a good check up when getting each jab done. harveys neuter was £39.
hes really nice aswell and even lent me some special scissors when harvey had this infection on his skin and i had to trim away a little patches to get the cream onto.

we had thumps castrated on monday and he was £53 - this includes a check up (tommorow) - where is this vet in corby it sounds too cheap!

Have just paid £30 for a Myxi vacc and full check up. And she burred her front teeth which they didn't charge me for :D Too right, I'm a regular customer, we go every month for Princess' teeth!!! I can't remember what it was for Amy's spay, as she had X-Rays at the same time. Off the top of my head it was about £60-£70.

I know my vets are bit pricey but I trust them totally. And they are in Gerrards Cross in Bucks - not the cheapest of areas anyway!!!

Nicola

mumofthumps said:
we had thumps castrated on monday and he was £53 - this includes a check up (tommorow) - where is this vet in corby it sounds too cheap!

its on rockingham road in corby. kasaskia has her two buns registered with him aswell. they are really good and answered any questions i had, even my daft panic when harvey got bit and i thought he had broken his leg...was just his joint or somethin :lol: :lol: :oops:
harveys neutered didnt include a check up tho but was told if i was concerned could bring him back at anytime. a consultation alone is 6quid anyways i think.
there is a local rescue called nannas in irthlinborough who used pm houghton as one of their vets aswell and travel all the way to see them and get neuters done

My vets charges £45 for castration including 2 check up appointments. I think the injections were £14 each?! and the consultation fee is £22.

Consult here is £22 and they've just put up the castrate price to £82 :shock:

Think I'll be using my other vets for neuters now :lol:

Jasper's going in for castration later this month and we've been quoted £73. Apparently the cost of neutering has recently gone up, I paid less than this for Honey's spay.

Consultation is £18.50 for first bun, £12.50 for any additionals. Myxi and VHD are £11.75 each and male or female neuter is £30.

Tomorrow i'm paying £48 for castration, not sure yet how much for myxi jab or teeth check.... Sure it'll be huge though :-(

Two weeks ago, on a sunday (triple time) I payed £120 to have my molly put to sleep at emergency vets. Was doubley gutted! Kept feeling REALLY guilty for being saddened by the money & thinking "why today, why couldn't it of happened tommorow, on the monday).

£15 for the Myxi, £15 for the VHD, there isnt a consultation charge with vaccs. I think is £53 for a spay and £60 for a castrate.

old vets was £12 myxi £13 VHD about £45 castration and £60 Spay new vets £19.99 for each vacc but I got 10% discount for taking 3! Not sure of their spay price yet but guess I'll find out next week! I don't mind paying more as the vet is so much better :)

Back