• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flies!!!

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Its not even summer yet and there are flies around the garden :shock: The litter trays are cleaned everyday and the vetbed in the hutches was washed yesterday and I just found a fly buzzing around in Beau's hutch!

And the whole hutch was scrubbed yesterday!

What do you guys do to try and keep them away? I was thinking of like fly netting stuff but would have to cover the whole of the run because the hutch door is always open

They're really annoying arent they?! Why not buy some curtain-type netting and cover the outside of the hutch and run with it? Its cheap usually too :thumb: Other than that I'm not too sure, Citeronella rubbed all over the outers of the hutches and outside of the run (everywhere where the buns cant get to basically) might work a little too? X

Last year I bought some of that fly paper stuff that is in a small roll. It looks awful but I hung it round the bunny hutch (away from buns obviously) and it caught loads of flies. worth trying, I will be using it again this yearg
Tracy

now I just have to persuade hubby to run some electric up to the sheds :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, when these arrive I'll let you know how they do. I hate flies, and no matter how cleanyou keep the hutches, they swarm like...well flies to poo :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sally Im waiting for my big son to put electricity in my shed :roll: Ive bought the rechargeable model so I can use it NOW rather than waiting for Mikey to put the leccy in ! :lol:

I've got electricity in my shed so am getting a couple of electric zappers (when Steph sends me the fab links she's found hint hint!! :lol: ) But they are vile, every nook and cranny that the buns find to wee in they seem to land ....... paranoidly checking bums every other day at the mo and like you said, it's not even summer yet!!

Back