• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best On-line Hay?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Where is the best place on-line to get nice, fresh not too expensive hay please?

I was getting bales from a farm which were great but I have to stop that now. I don't really like the look of things like the excel hay as its cut into too short pieces and is dusty and pale in colour.

thank you x

spooky... I've just sent them an email asking if I can pick up as I'm going up to Derbyshire to see Mummy Dearest

Hi Mandy

Why are you not able to get bales anymore? If its lack of transport I'm very happy to fetch a bale and bring it over to you. If its a space issue, perhaps we could split a bale?

Just an idea, let me know if its any good.

Amy

Aw thanks Amy thats really nice of you.

Its cos i dont have the boyfriend to get it anymore and also we're selling the house so it won't look very nice having hay around everywhere :roll:

I'll try this dustfree stuff first, but might take you up on that thank you x

The dust free hay is a big hit with my buns and piggies.Just ordered another 10 sacks :D

The dust free is expensive but very good, one bale doesn't take up much room so I'd def order the 5 to save money

my bunnies love the dust free hay, and the guy who sells it is a real sweetie, he genuinly cares that he gives a good product. definate thumbs up here :D

i know you've mentioned in the past that audrey is a fussy hay-eater

i get 2nd cut timothy from bunnybasics - 14kg (approx) is around £40 including delivery but well worth every penny

even my fussy Mr Gus & Bracken will eat this quite happily :)

it comes compressed (usually in a box) so you can just fluff up enough hay for your requirements that day

I buy mine from Asda :oops: :oops: :oops:

It's about £5 for a big bag but it smells lovely, it nearly always green, and its long and thick. (think it is Wagg hay?)

In my opinion, its a lot better than some of the pap that comes from some pet shops and the bunnies love it too :)

lynda_m said:

It's about £5 for a big bag but it smells lovely, it nearly always green, and its long and thick. (think it is Wagg hay?)

In my opinion, its a lot better than some of the pap that comes from some pet shops and the bunnies love it too :)

How long does that last?

mine have had wagg hay too and they thought it was great :D

(is that the one that has special markings on the packet where you cut the pack and the hay comes away in a 'portion' block?.....very handy if it is :D - you can also get little packs if you wanted to try the buns on it :D )

thanks everyone!

Amy its this place:

F Martin & Son ARNOLD NOTTINGHAM
Dorket Head Farm
Calverton Road Nottinghamshire NG5 8PU 01159 268703

They also sell allen and page pellets, megazorb and friendly grass.

Sounds fantastic! At the moment I get all my supplies from different places...would be nice to get them from the same place.

I'm off work next week, so I might go and check it out. I'll PM you before I go, so you can place an order if you want :p

kayjay said:
lynda_m said:

How long does that last?

With 5 of them... not very long :thumb:

It probably lasts about 4/5 days but they do eat a lot of hay and have it for bedding too.

It's good though as its packed in but they separate it in to sections for you so its easy to get out of the bag.

They also do a smaller bag that is £1.49 if you want to try it first.

Just picked up 10 sacks of the Dust Free Hay and dropped some off at Dennys... it looked so lovely and green, I thought Denny was going to chow down on it herself :lol:

abbymarysmokey said:
Sounds fantastic! At the moment I get all my supplies from different places...would be nice to get them from the same place.

I'm off work next week, so I might go and check it out. I'll PM you before I go, so you can place an order if you want :p

Cool thanks! If you want certain things like a and p its probably best to ring and ask them to put some aside for you as I've been before and they have sold out.

I ordered one bale of dust free earlier!

Anyone know how long it takes to arrive?

Back