• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for me and Loki - I think it's time for de-plumming!

Ali - Loki

Young Bun
Spring has definitly sprung in our house and I seem to be the person of choice for Loki to bother constantly! So much so that I have had to make the decision that the time has come for de-plumming. It's not a decision taken lightly as we have been battling with snuffles for months, but with the advent of 3 weeks with a clear nose (thanks to increased doses of Baytril) and frayed nerves we are off to the vets tonight for a thorough check up. When I last spoke to the vet she advised that she would like to put him back on Baytril for a week before the operation and at least two weeks after as we are all expecting him to get snuffly again straight after the op. He is constantly biting me and everything in sight as well trying to hump me, which is driving us both around the bend. This post is really for some vibes that I am making the right decision (or not honest opinions please!). Other than the usual pre/post op care is there anything I can do for a snuffly prone bun?

I've no idea about a snuffly bun, but it does sound like he needs neutering doesn't it, good luck :)

Thanks guys - I feel really guilty that I'm doing this for me more than him, but I had to put him in the naughty room last night (actually our spare room, but has now been converted into a naughty rabbit room!).

Sending vibes. My dobbin is a snuffly bun and , thank god, he came through the operation ok.

Sue
xx

Vibes for me and Loki - u/d op booked!

Well Loki is booked in for next Wednesday, so I have the whole of the Easter weekend to worry! Any advice about post op care would be greatley received.

Awwwww someone will be along to help in a minute as I'm suppose to be working :oops: , but wanted to say he'll be fine and don't worry :D

Thumper got deplumbed a week ago we were lucky that he has never humped anything but we are going to get him a girlfriend (going to our rescue next saturday !) so thats why we had him deplumbed. First we changed his bedding to towels and a fleecey blanket and then he had a box of hay in the corner to munch on. We did this a few days before the op so he got use to it. The moning he went in i took his fave food and treats that he is only allowed occasionally but loves. Veggies, strawberries, carrots spinach and a few pellets. As well as these melon and pasion fruit flake things he will do anything for!! Also a cuddly toy he had in his hutch. You will probably find like most people on here say that he will go off dry food so anything to get him to eat is fab. We were given fibreplex which helps buns to start eating again. You have to syringe this into their mouth (please do not worry this is not always the case). We instead because thumper was eating a little put it on his food as he hated it being put into his mouth and now he is eating like a little pig, if u have to do this itsbest with 2 people and u have ot continue to do it for a few days. We kept him in the cage for 24 hours afterwards and not able to properley run around for 24 hours so he didnt undo anything. He was very subdued for a few days. He has one plumb that was really swollen so had to have antibiotics a few days later but it has really cheered him up and he binkied etc around loads the past 3 days which is fab. Good luck!!! I know what u are going through but he will be fine :)

Sorry for long post every1!!!

Back