• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lop breeders

~Tracey~

Warren Scout
Does anyone know of any French lop breeders? We live in staffordshire and are will to travel about 50miles, not too far cos of stressing rabbits. We dont want to use the breeder we got mine from.

Is it to bond with your existing Frenchie?? Then I would recommend going to a rescue and letting them help with the bonding, that's what I did and it was stress free. More and more Frenchies are coming into rescue so you should be able to find one when yours is old enough to be neutered

Otherwise, this lady is in Lancs but her OH travels south and delivers the rabbits on the way. I've been around her home and the rabbits are kept in wonderful conditions and she's lovely. Gemmah got her two French Lops from her too and am sure will vouch for her also

http://www.lancashirefrenchlops.com/

I also know of a very fluffy grey Frenchie (spayed Doe) in need of a home.
If you are interested please PM me

Janex :D

kayjay said:
Is it to bond with your existing Frenchie?? Then I would recommend going to a rescue and letting them help with the bonding, that's what I did and it was stress free. More and more Frenchies are coming into rescue so you should be able to find one when yours is old enough to be neutered

Otherwise, this lady is in Lancs but her OH travels south and delivers the rabbits on the way. I've been around her home and the rabbits are kept in wonderful conditions and she's lovely. Gemmah got her two French Lops from her too and am sure will vouch for her also

I got my rabbit already from there

~Tracey~ said:
kayjay said:

sorry to be nosy :oops: but why dont you want to go to lancashire lops again? I got my frenchie from there and hes lovely :love:

I got my rabbit already from there[/quote]
sorry to be nosy :oops: but why dont you want to go to lancashire lops again? I got my frenchie from there and hes lovely :love:[/quote]

It's a bit of a way to travel and the first two we got from there went poorly, could be stress of travelling.

Does anyone put guinea pigs with their rabbit or another rabbit instead?

~Tracey~ said:
Does anyone put guinea pigs with their rabbit or another rabbit instead?

It's not recommended to put guineapigs in with rabbits - they have different dietary requirements and many guineapigs end up injured by the rabbit either trying to mount it or accidentally kicking/stamping on it. Rabbits are much better off with their own species - the best bond is neutered male/spayed female although two of the same sex can be bonded but it's not so easy. Until I bonded my two I had no idea how much they love each other, mine are devoted to each other, groom each other and are generally glued at the hips together :lol:

There are a few members on here who keep guineapigs with their rabbits but as I say the advice is not to.

Vix said:
~Tracey~ said:
kayjay said:

sorry to be nosy :oops: but why dont you want to go to lancashire lops again? I got my frenchie from there and hes lovely :love:

And this is where i got my two frenchies who both died within 2 weeks of eachother :( I wouldnt reccomend them.

there is a lady advertising on the free ads at the moment she is in bolton and there is a guy advertising in manchester

I am not sure is there is any in rescue around here but you could try ringing them

Elaine

Back