• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sleep

Now there is a question thats never been asked before!!! They just sleep when they sleep I think, Mainly during the daytime .... dont think they need a specific amount of sleep :) xX

wel i got my bunny on saturday mornin and she hasnt really slept since then just dozing. wt can i do 2 help her

That's all they do; they just doze off for a while , but will waken up immediately if they sense any danger. Don't worry about it...she'll sleep when she needs to. They tend to be at their most active early in the the morning and at night, and will just "catnap" in between times

My lot spend all day dozing in their hutch but then spend most of the evening and night running around their run

I don't think they really 'sleep'

Benji is my only bun that has ever shut his eyes and gone to sleep, the others just lie down and have a rest.

Your bunny will rest when she wants to though, she may just be taking time to settle in to her new environment.

Mrs_Molly said:
wel i got my bunny on saturday mornin and she hasnt really slept since then just dozing. wt can i do 2 help her

She might be sleeping when your not looking :lol: Seriously I havent seen Scarlett sleep properly ever, but I know she does because when I go out she will still be laying down and its obvious she has just woken up. She hears someone coming and opens her eyes.

She might just be settling in :D Beau was quite jumpy when we got him but now he will lay pretty much on his back in the middle of the room and go to sleep :love:

I think some bunnies go into a deeper sleep than others. Alice used to go fast asleep and would be given a massive shock if I opened her hutch door without being really noisy. Benny just seems to snooze and I haven't seen Betty sleep yet, but we've only had her for 2 days! :D

Oh they do sleep, some more than others and some even snore a little :) I think Norah has dreams sometimes as her paws twitch as if she was running in her sleep, and sometimes she probably dreams of food as her mouth 'chews'.
DSC00017.jpg

oh yes, the famous "i'm sleeping with one eye open" trick. I know that one well. Also, sleeping with one ear up is another trick dillon likes to play. He lulls me into a safe sense of security (i.e thank god he's lying down for a bit) after i've been chasing after him to stop eating the carpet, fireplace, door cushion, fish tank in fact anything.
Seriously though, he certainly has a routine, especially on the weekends as he is not shut away at all. He'll go loopy until about 1pm in the afternoon, snooze, sleep, doze until about 7 and then go loopy again. I think they certainly have their senses about them at all times. If he has gone into a deep sleep it only takes me to get up from the sofa and he's sat looking at me with a face on him- who do you think rules the roost here?! :lol:

haha im waitin 4 lucy to settle in properly tho, onli had her since saturday she seems so have a bit of an attitude tho lol like wen i want her 2 go into a certain room will she will go into every room but lol

A rabbit with attitude, no never!!! :lol:
Yes i know that feeling, does everything but what you want him to do.
Going back to the one eye open thing.......do you ever feel like you're being watched :shock:

hi.only 1 of my 4 buns actually completely zonks out on her side,the others doze.she looks sooo cute.as for pellets i use science selective,i know lots of people like the allen and page,also oxbow do a very high fibre pellet.

Back