• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby French Lop

crazyrabbitlady

Warren Scout
After phoning round all the rescues I could find in a 60 mile radius and being unable to find a french lop, I contacted a hobby breeder. It just so happened that he had a litter born the day before and I have now got one of the kits on hold!! I know that's naughty, but I am just sooooo excited! :D

He sent me some pics:

This is Mummy, Twiglet:
MummyTwiglet.jpg

This is Daddy, Smokey:
DaddySmokey.jpg

This is the babies aged 1 day (Mine is the little fawn baby at the bottom of the pic):
1dayold28March.jpg

This is my baby aged 5 days:
Mybun5daysold1.jpg

Mybun5daysold.jpg

The breeder guy is so nice and I have spent hours talking to him on MSN. He said I can go and see my baby as soon as the babies leave the nest and says he likes people that take his bunnies to bond with them before they take them home.

I have started planning an enclosure in my garden and am saving all my money towards the french lop fund. I have finally got something to look forward to after a hard month.

I also have a list of baby names! My favourites at the moment are Barney or Homer for a boy and Amber or Willow for a girl. Any more suggestions will be gratefully received!

I hope everyone will be excited for me and not too angry that my new baby isn't a rescue!

crazyrabbitlady,

I can't talk, Kitty came from a breeder/shower. Be sure to take millions of pictures because baby french lop will become enormous french lop in no time!

Neil

How exciting! My "baby" French Lop is now 15 weeks old and he is HUGE!! Looking forward to hearing about your new addition. Claire x

Aww I'm soooo jealous, I love frenchies, I love that stage where their ears are far too long for them!!

I like Barney and Willow

My 4 rabbits were from a breeder to. I am so jealous i have always wanted a couple of french lops myself but it's impossible right now with 5 rabbits taking up my whole garden :lol:

i don't think there is anything wrong with getting a bun from a breeder aslong as you're supporting a responsible one :) It's sounds like you've choosen carefully so hopefully you'll end up with a gorgeous little bun in a few months time :D

i got mine from a decent breeder..shes rescuing chins at the mo..inher tinyhouse shes fostering 21 of them! the g pigs got taken bya fox..but the buns are ok..and shes got some that live there without being bred theyre retired..like bertie was..shes not perfect but shes good at what she knows adnd shes honest! and she puts her buns first..gets up before her toddler gets up to do the buns then staggers back into get the kids up washed dressed and fed then off to school and she awlays says buns first! and then the three cats the dog the recued puppy and then work 3 times a week partime and then more bunnies..i dont know how she does it!
shes always a telephone call or an email away when i need her but i also come here as i like to see what all my options are. and btw i wont go back there i adore frenchies and shes got some gorg ones..her hubby still thinks shes only fostering 12 chins..men hey :lol:

Awwww soooo gorgeous!!!!! be sure to post lots of piccies of baby bunny!! They really don't stay that small for long! Darcy is a frenchie (and possibly part kangaroo :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I love frenchies xxxx

Back