• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In Need of a Rant!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Remember the HORRIBLE experience I had when my poor wild Bun Katie was PTS last week? I was at the Vets this morning and the Vet who caused such distress (wont give details again as last time it caused too much upset for a couple of people) stood in the middle of a full waiting room and LOUDLY said to me 'Oh, I forgot to charge you for that PTS of the Rabbit last week'.........

Given this Vets conduct during the PTS and now this I dont know how I resisted the urge to DECK HIM................ :x :x :x :x

Janex

Refuse to pay because of his lack of sensitivity - can you complain to someone higher up?

Caz

How awful Jane. I have to say that when we had our cat PTS in March the vet was fantastic, very sensitive, it makes all the difference in such a sad situation.

tupperwarequeen said:
complain to the vets governing body, cant think what it is at themoment though :?

Well the old boy picks up his bus pass and totters of into retirement soon so I cant really be bothered to complain to the RCVS.

Stoopid man.... :x

Janex

Oh god how insensitive can one person be!

He probable thinks he's brilliant shouting that out in the waiting room, I'm glad you rose above it and said nothing. I cant stand people like that. :evil:

Thank God he will be leaving soon.... I definately wouldnt be paying him.! I completley agree that having a wonderful vet at that sort of time makes the world of difference.....
When my dog was put to sleep... the vet who did it cried! and he'd never met my dog before :lol:

At least hopefully you will have the wonderful christobel for other situations... Hope she enjoyed her holiday too! she probably needed it.

That's awful!

When Honey was PTS on the operating table the vet spent about 15 minutes with me explaining what was wrong and he never stopped saying how sorry he was and how much he wished he could have done something for her. Then a vet nurse brought her in for me to say goodbye and left me alone with her. When she came back I was sobbing and she was really understanding. She said I could have as much time as I needed and that I could leave out of the back door so I didn't have to walk through the waiting room. She kept telling me how sorry she was as well.

I feel lucky that I have such an understanding vet practise now.

How Vets deal with us makes all the difference. When Molly was pts at the emergency Vets, they were so considerate and understanding. I guess it's not ever day you see a 50 year old woman absolutely distraught over a rabbit and they treated me with such kindness and compassion, giving me as much time as I wanted with her - it really helped.

Try and put his insensitivity behind you and think of the lovely times you had with Katie

With all the 'business' you put their way, that's disgusting, you must be contributing to his retirement fund singlehandedly :x

Sorry to hear this, Jane! I still think some Vets regard bunnies as "less important" than cats and dogs. Claire x

Jane, make it clear you would dispute this case in court. You can also counter-sue for emotional damage and cause of unnecessary pain and suffering to your bunny

Back