• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two bunnies, awfull state, UPDATE 1 had abcess, pics added.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I've taken in two 10 year old bunnies, through my rescue they're in an awful state. The circumstances in which they came from are very sad and teh gentleman who dropped them off was lovely.

One of the bunnies has caterax's and a few sores, the other is so urine scolded all the skin is split open and sore, she's a massive lump on her face, pus coming out of her eye and yesterday her nose, They're very underweight, probably due to old age, but the emergency vet on Saturday couldn't do a lot for them, so they're going to my own tonight.

Just wanted some get well vibes for them, they're lovely little bunnies, just poor old ladies but they're in high spirits and loved the weekend on the grass. I did take some pics, but left my camera at home.

Oh no poor girls :cry: I hope they havent had an awful life all of their 10 years :cry:

Hope they are well soon xx

Thanks guys, I don't think they've had an awfull life, their owner was killed in a motorbike accident last year, the gentlemans daughter was looking after them, but has been struggling. I guess losing yor Dad in such horrible circumstances has meant things get left a bit. I don't know how much of their problems are due to old age, rather than bad care. The previous owners brother brought them to me, he was going to have them pts last week, but the vets had told him to contact me and if there was no joy, they'd do it. I couldn't turn them away though. I am ashamed to say I did think tiwce about taking them, being as they're so old I know they're going to break my heart, but they're adorable little bunnies just a bit manky :love:

:shock: :shock: what a shame for them, that's awful :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good luck vibes coming your way x

Thanks guys, I'm needed to work late tonight too :x , think it may be an early start tomorrow instead so I can take them tonight.

Back