• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

depressed lionhead

Bhm1712

Young Bun
can rabbits get depressed?

a friend of mine who owns a lionhead male (the one who had smelly privates if you remember my post last week) is telling me how the bun seems depressed! he has been castrated, but he still resists any love whatsoever, he doesnt like being held, he doesnt like being free in the garden, when hes out inisde he just sits under the table moping, he stamps his foot all the time even if you say hello!

do you think anything can be done? does he need a bunny friend>

OMG - he sounds like my lionhead!!!

Mine lives in a bonded group of 9, but he's not really human friendly. Think bun would definitely appreciate a girlfriend. :D

Totally agree,

My female Lionhead (can you see a pattern here between lionheads :lol: ) Ruby was on her own after i rescued her, she hardly moved, put on weight, growled at me hated my company until i got Squiggle a male nethie from Cheryl, i have never ever seen such a dermatic change in a bun so quick!!! she loves coming out now for runs has lost her extra weight plays, never growls at me and even lets me strokes her :shock: all this was down to me getting her a friend and it sounds like the same for you :D

Back