• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen & Page pellets

I have been trying to find an online supplier of Allen & PAge pellets, the natural ones, not breeder ones. I thought someone posted about this recently, but can't find it ( :? wheres the search facility when you need it :roll: )

I want to buy a big sack, but can't seem to find it :? :?

cheekytikki said:
http://www.gjwtitmussshop.co.uk/acatalog/RABBIT_PELLETS.html

this website was recomended earlier today :D (not sure of p&p)

otherwise you can go onto A&P website and get local stockists or probably ring them to find out or find somewhere local that sells the horsey ones and ask if they can order them :D

when I tried a couple of places that do the horsey stuff they wernt very keen :? :?

Well, maybe not tomorrow, but hopefully Tues or Wed would be great. I have decided to give mine a mix of A&P and SS. A friend gave me some A&P and they really liked it, but I like some aspects of SS and some of A&P, so I thought a mixture would be good (well, actually, hubby came up with that idea, I was in a quandry, and he said, why not have a bit of each instead of worrying :roll: )

can't wait, parcels are so exciting :D :D

i feed the rescues a mix of both! :D

Next time you're coming over this way tell me a week in advance and I can pick you up a sack for about £7 :D

I've noticed a lot of people on here feed the A&P pellets - can anyone tell me why they like them please?

Rosie's on a very few Excel Lite pellets as she has a tendency to gain weight - are the A&P worth a try? They do seem to cost quite a bit less than the Excel.

honeybunny said:

Next time you're coming over this way tell me a week in advance and I can pick you up a sack for about £7 :D

thanks Jill, I didn't realise you used A&P as well, but I knew you had SS

rosie_rabbit said:
I've noticed a lot of people on here feed the A&P pellets - can anyone tell me why they like them please?

Rosie's on a very few Excel Lite pellets as she has a tendency to gain weight - are the A&P worth a try? They do seem to cost quite a bit less than the Excel.

Very cheap and high fibre :D

tupperwarequeen said:
honeybunny said:

thanks Jill, I didn't realise you used A&P as well, but I knew you had SS

yep keep in 4 different types!!! just like a hotel here! :lol:

well, my reasoning is that they are high in fibre (23%) which bunnies should have lots of, and low in protein, (12%) which should be limited for bunnies. A&P is also fairly cheap, although postage has more than doubled the price :shock: :shock:

However, I like the fact that SS has prebiotic in it. It is also fairly high fibre (19%) and protein not too high (14%).
SS is one of the most expensive feeds though.

The other really nice feed is oxbow bunny basics, Trinny had that at ARC, but getting a supplier was impossible, and on the internet the postage was prohibitively expensive.

So my theory is, a mix of a high fibre, cheaper pellet, with my prebiotic pellet will give the buns a great diet, and will make my pennies stretch a little bit further :D :D

honeybunny said:

we can trade hay for pellets :lol: :lol: :lol:

whhooo, we are going black market :shock: :shock:

Back