• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scouts having a phantom pregnancy.... Panic Over!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
......I hope to god its a phantom :shock: . She has been whinging and lunging at me lately but i put it down to the fact i have been worming her and she intensley dislikes it however this morning the hutch was covered in pulled fur. Its hard to tell if she has put on weight and she certainly has no milk but she is definatley acting preggers.

The only way she could have possibly got pregnant is from Marley who has been castrated and was not put with her for 4 weeks after this, the time recommended by my vets. If she is pregnant then she is 3 weeks gone which is too early to pull fur in my expecrience.

Does this sound like a phantom? Please dont let her be pregnant! :?

Re: Scouts having a phantom pregnancy.... I hope.

Sooz22 said:
......I hope to god its a phantom :shock: . She has been whinging and lunging at me lately but i put it down to the fact i have been worming her and she intensley dislikes it however this morning the hutch was covered in pulled fur. Its hard to tell if she has put on weight and she certainly has no milk but she is definatley acting preggers.

The only way she could have possibly got pregnant is from Marley who has been castrated and was not put with her for 4 weeks after this, the time recommended by my vets. If she is pregnant then she is 3 weeks gone which is too early to pull fur in my expecrience.

Does this sound like a phantom? Please dont let her be pregnant! :?

Hopefully its a phantom but I have had experience of a Buck impregnating three Does SIX WEEKS post castration :shock:
As Does ovulate in response to the behaviour of an amorous Buck or from being humped by a dominant Doe it may well be a pseudo-pregnancy.

If she's 3 weeks gone then you would be able to feel any babies in her uterus

Janex :)

If she's being wormed - you might wanna check with vet that no chance of babies being damaged??

There was another case on here too of a doe getting pregnant 5 weeks after boy was castrated.

Oh God. I dont feel any better now at all. I cleaned her out yesterday and spent the whole time looking for babies in the straw! :shock:

She is a bit on the tubby side...hence why she hasnt been spayed yet :? and it makes it hard to feel for kits.

I was worried too about the effects the wormer may have on babies....and its too late for an emergency spay :(

Sooz22 said:
Oh God. I dont feel any better now at all. I cleaned her out yesterday and spent the whole time looking for babies in the straw! :shock:

She is a bit on the tubby side...hence why she hasnt been spayed yet :? and it makes it hard to feel for kits.

I was worried too about the effects the wormer may have on babies....and its too late for an emergency spay :(

My vet will spay last minute - if there is a danger to Mum or kits some vets will - you might want to find out. They can tell of mum is pregnant too.

Thankfully the fake nest has culminated this episode and she has returned to her normal skittish but not grumpy self. Im so relieved. Just need to shift those extra pounds so she can be spayed now.

This one was about 7 days....I dont htink i could cope with 2 weeks :shock: I did read that usually nest building was the end of it and that seems to be the case with Scout.

Sooz22 said:
This one was about 7 days....I dont htink i could cope with 2 weeks :shock: I did read that usually nest building was the end of it and that seems to be the case with Scout.

Spice's was caused by an incomplete spay. She' fine now, but her fur has only really just grown back :shock:

Back