• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So simple but took so long to figure out

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Well we have had Buttons since the end of January about and it's been war trying to get him to eat hay. We would move his hay rack down to the bottom wires so he didn't have to reach much, we cut down the amount of pellets he got and tried different hays to no aveil. Finally we got lunun hay but he still ate a few bites and thats all a small amount in a hay rack lasts weeks and we still have to change it and it goes to waste, the rest eat heap fulls through the day so there no bother. After reading this morning some rabbits and gunea pigs like theres on the ground to eat i have decided to put a bunch in a small box and see if that works. I poked my head out the window and he is eating tons of it :shock: :shock: Why didn't i try that first, something so simple took ages to figure out but atleast i know now how to get him to eat ahy. I feel like a right muppet for not thinking of it earlier :shock: :roll:

Mine like nothing better than a box of hay. Th ehay racks go completly untouched, just like yours, but they'll sit in abox for hours :roll:

Lol the rest of mine are fine even my guinea pig likes her hay rack. Buttons is just a fuss pot\but theres always one out the bunch. Just like with the SS pellets i'm changing them on all eat them fine but Casper won't touch them the only one :shock: Oh joys though Buttons has found out the joys of tossing his box of hay around for me to sweep up, nice :lol:

Aww have you not tried putting it in different things, tubes and stuff. Maybes it's males, my girls are fine but the males are fuss pots :lol:

Back