• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This Doesn't Sound too Good....

And it would be cold in the winter I would think :x I've seen them and they look awful....I believe a couple of people on here use them as hideaways or temporary foster hutches which is different.

we've taken some in with bunnies..i used one as a temp home for about 10 days..then is was taken apart and had a trip to the tip..

apart from being small...hot/cold..they are not that easy to clean....as they have ridges in them..and a piece of board to keep the floor flat..a bad design altogether

honeybunny said:
apart from being small...hot/cold..they are not that easy to clean....as they have ridges in them..and a piece of board to keep the floor flat..a bad design altogether

And ridiculously expencive for a box of moulded plastic!

The ONLY advantage is that you don't have to worry about it rotting. It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer (my friend has one).

A little Nethie that I had for a night between trips from Lynda to Louise came with one of those, I will admit, it made transport a bit easier, but I wouldn't have liked to have seen a bigger bun in it. I remember it was when we had the heatwave in June and Lynda did say she was finding it difficult to keep him in the shade and cool. When he stayed at mine, I was unsure about how secure it was, so I put it inside of my animal proof run too..... I don't like them at all.... :?

I have one as a hideawy in the shed, and for one year my buns had it outside before the shed, and it heated up loads in summer and was freezing in the winter, they did have a shaded run area but it is an awful design and not as big as it intially looks. It cost £80!

I got two of them - I use them in room sections as hideaways, but wouldn't be happy using them outside.

Apparently they are plastic to stop them smelling, but freakily - cleaning out works well too :lol:

Angie65 said:
Apparently they are plastic to stop them smelling, but freakily - cleaning out works well too :lol:

you don't say :shock: :shock: :shock:

amazing that people would rather buy a plastic hutch than clean a wooden one properly :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

tupperwarequeen said:
amazing that people would rather buy a plastic hutch than clean a wooden one properly :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

To be honest, I don't think i've ever seen one of these sold...thank goodness! :lol: They're horrible!

Somebody once enquired about it as an indoor hutch - but then I showed her the dog crates and how much more space you could get for the same price....She quickly went off the idea :lol:

feeling_the_wrath_already said:
tupperwarequeen said:

To be honest, I don't think i've ever seen one of these sold...thank goodness! :lol: They're horrible!

Somebody once enquired about it as an indoor hutch - but then I showed her the dog crates and how much more space you could get for the same price....She quickly went off the idea :lol:

I bought two, when i first got Joey, & Smirnoff wouldn't let him live in his 3ft hutch :roll: Then I discovered RU & realised buns SHOULDN'T live in boxes :oops:

Back