• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

out in the garden today and...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
saw the first couple of blue bottles.

Unfortunetly Fly strike season is upon us again. Oh how i hate this time of year!!

Sue
xx

Yup, I've seen them about too... Just been keeping on top of cleaning the litter trays and am going to get some citronella oil to rub into the hutches - prevention better than cure and all that :wink: :lol:

eeek! i must admit the tray is now cleaned out daily but i am still planning on getting some mesh to velcro to the windows. :) agree with prevention :D would some of those sticky paper thingies that hang from the ceiling be useful too? :?

CottonMather said:
Yup, I've seen them about too... Just been keeping on top of cleaning the litter trays and am going to get some citronella oil to rub into the hutches - prevention better than cure and all that :wink: :lol:

Citronella Oil?, why, what does it do and where do I get it from please?

is it just a problem for outdoor buns? Mine live indoors, don't have dirty bottoms but go out in the garden, probably every day in the summer.

Do I need to e worried? I don't want maggotty buns!

Yep, I saw a couple buzzing around today, vile little things! Got my citronella oil too (and lavender), flies cant stand anything citrus and it does a good job of keeping them away. :)

Back