• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit friendly holidays an idea?

Tedsue

Young Bun
Right well my OH and i cant bear to leave our babies so we wondered about going camping in the lake district. So questions i need to ask nothing is booked or anything so advice is needed. A four man 2bedroom tent so we live in one room and they are in another with thier normal litter tray and bed we are taking. And their outside travel run. So we can all stay together. But the question is will the whole thing stress them out because they are away from the usual surroundings. Will their litter training go all **** up because they are fantastic now.

Very good thinking im glad i put this on the website now. But does anyone have suggestions about what we could do or where we could go on a break /holiday with our rabbits?

how about asking some pet friendly holiday cottages if they would accept house rabbits? (they would probably still need to be in a pen most of the time though :? also you have to remember that once you are there it will be difficult to go out for the day as you cant really leave the bun behind (they will probably get scared being left alone in a strange place)

just an idea

I'm sure there used to be somebody on UK-Pet-Rabbits that took their rabbits camping in their caravan :?:

Anyone remember?

abbymarysmokey said:
I'm sure there used to be somebody on UK-Pet-Rabbits that took their rabbits camping in their caravan :?:

Anyone remember?

I was just thinking a caravan would be a good idea. I don't envy you taking your buns away with you though :shock: don't think I could cope.

My bun might be comming traveling wirt me when I go, It'll be in a truck converted to live in, the bed will be raised up and the underneath will have a bun pen, when we are moving he will be put into a cat carrier box so he feels safer and is safer. and there will be an outside pen, one of those that you can set up on mins. At first we will be trying small distances but if he's ok with it we'll be going far far away. Only be moving for 2/3 hours a day though!

My bosses sometimes take their house rabbit with them when they go in holiday cottages as he is very old and often needs meds. Perhaps try those places that advertise themselves as pet friendly...you could always tell them you'll leave them locked in a cage :wink: What they dont know...

When by parents brought a bunny down from Scotland (bunny train to new home) the bun stayed over night at the holiday cottage they were staying at.

I think there is a site (search google) for pet friendly holidays, anywhere that allows a dog is probably going to be okay with a rabbit. You'd probably need to keep it in a crate/cage though as most places aren't going to be bunny proof!

Tam

Back