• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

behaviour problem

touie

Wise Old Thumper
how do I stop Fudge getting in the dining table? He can jump up from the floor if a chairs not availavle!!! :shock: I really don't want to have to cage him when i'm out but he's becoming quite a pest! Everytime you're not looking he's on the table again. I used to keep the chinchilla dried fruit treats on there and my fruit bowl but I've had to move them now! Though he still seems to want to be up there, yesterday he got the kitchen roll that had been left on there and today he helped himself to my sons toast and marmalade! :shock: :(

I've noticed bunnies like someone to jump on to use as a look out post - does he have something more appropriate he can use e.g. a cardboard box or similar?

How does he get on, can you put something odd shaped in the place he usually jumps from.

Tam

Problem is he only tends to jump up if he's not being watched. He was jumping on the dining chairs to get up but I moved them and he still got up so I'm guessing he is just jumping from the floor straight up :? He has the dining chairs he can sit on for a view, and the sofa

I know this problem too well :mrgreen:
Bunnies know exactly what they should not do and when you do not see them doing it anyway.
The only thing you can do is to make sure nothing is on the table. And tell him to jump down at once.

Naughty bunny!! I'd def go with giving him something else to hop up on, that has tasty treats on to encourage him to jump up on it.

Only other thing to try is to block the whole table with boxes or something so he can't get up there, meanwhile encouraging him to use something else! Or tin foil the table so he doesn't wanna try that again - just be careful though itn case it scares him too much and he jumps off too quickly!

Nicola

Back