• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting -is this normal?

HS

Wise Old Thumper
I was grooming Squidgy last night, and it seemed that half of the fur on his back came out :shock: He now has quite a large patch on his back that is really short new fur. It's never happened like this before - he normal moults from his neck downwards,
Not sure if the pictures show it very well. Is this normal?
P3300015.jpg

P3300011.jpg

Has he got any kind of dandruffy kind of flaky skin? that sometimes indicates mites- otherwise I wonder if its the changeable weather?

mandy said:
Has he got any kind of dandruffy kind of flaky skin? that sometimes indicates mites- otherwise I wonder if its the changeable weather?

That's what I thought, but I can't see any dandruff. I might pop him along to the vet next week anyway. He's had mites before, so it's a possibility.

AlisonA said:
Santa moults exactly like that, Helen!

Phew! I'm glad someone else's bun does it! I just find it a little strange that he's never moulted like this before. Maybe it's the weird weather :?

Back