• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo to be bonded on Saturday!!! U/D Success & Pics

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Boos's future wife is coming to stay with us tomorrow for a few days. She is called Angel and very similar in appearence. Please send lots of good bonding vibes, this is a great home but it all hinges on them getting along. If they do they have a huge new shed and run to live in with loads of space to play! Fingers crossed!

They are getting on great! Lots of humping and chasing but no aggression, just lots of honking on Boo's part.

Angel is gorgeous but slightly bigger than Boo, I think he will be dominant.

They are bonded! I feel a bit redundant....they nly needed me to bring food & water! :lol:

Both of home tomorrow evening. I will get some pics soon. :D

Heres the pictures:

Boo preening for his date

01-04-07_1942.jpg

His future wife

01-04-07_1943.jpg

A first meeting

01-04-07_1948.jpg

01-04-07_1941.jpg

The happy couple

01-04-07_1940.jpg

they are so cute!! Angel is unexpectedly the dominant one though - she's a little madam!

Theyve got the shed as their "palace" and a large run attached. My OH has been a star in doing lots of woodwork bits getting everything just so!

Roxy, the bunny i'm rehoming has also now got a large hutch/run combi.

Well done OH! ;)

will have to post some pics of Boo and Angel soon

Awww they are sooooooo sweet :love: Looks like they bonded straight away :D

The dates on this post are coming up as April on ym machine :shock:

Also is there any reason you use woodshavings? They are meant to be not good for respiritary reasons? Shredded paper is better - sorry just thought I should say that :oops:

hi, no i don't mind you saying that! i have used shredded paper in the past but they didn't seem keen on it.

I always keep a close eye on them and make sure it's not affecting their eyes and snuffled etc and so far so good.

:D

hi joob-joobs (wicked name!)

yeah they are really cute and i'm forever fawning over them and my fella is the same!

they turn to each other for support if they're scared etc, like when i brought my re-homing bunny back to ours, i let them see each other thru the runs after a few days and boo came down his ramp and stopped dead. did a few camp little thumps while i tried talking to him then he shot off up the ramp leading back to the shed and sent Angel down! She ran to the bottom of the run and saw Roxy then ran back up to get Boo. They came down together and were fine after that!! lol.

:roll:

had a thought - anyone know where i could get the vinyl flooring for a decent price from?

also, is vinyl ok if the rabbits eat it, only Angel loves a bit of Vinyl flooring, as we found out after newly fitting the kitchen and came back to a big gaping hole the very next day!! :roll:

would eliminate having to use shavings.

Back