• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My grieving bun harry.

katykat1975

Young Bun
Awwww :cry:

Harrys mate molly died 2 weeks ago and he's been looking for her. I don't want to get another as I was so upset when she died but he's a sad boy andthere are so many unloved buns out there who'd love to be cuddled up to him.

Until I find another friend for him he'll have to make do with kisses and strokes from my girls......

Doesn't he look sad?
Picture005.jpg

I've also got a "widowed" bunny but he seems to be coping OK. Probably because a. I didn't discover her body for hours (she was dead when I came home from work) so he had time to get used it :cry: and
b. I let him loose in the house when I'm not working so he has the general house noise and me around.

Having 2 pairs of loved up bunnies, I know that generally the best thing for them is to live with their own kind. Therefore painful as it is, I will get Spike a new gf at some stage. I help out a a rescue so it's a case of waiting until the right ladybun comes along.

Your link doesn't work

I agree, it's in his interest that you get another bun soon, and there are so many to choose from, whereabouts do you live?

I've been having a NIGHTMARE uploading links on these forums, it never works for me??!!

I live in Gwent/Monmouthshire.

I am here in the day but I agree that human company is no comparison to bunny love for him. As much as I love my bun I wouldn't want him as my only company 24/7.

Yes Kayjay, he's a french lop. He's got huge attitude and is really playful, now he's lost the weight he had from being caged all his life.
I really think I have to get him a new mate seeing him outside, he's just sitting under the swingchair all alone and he's so affectionate :(

He's so lovely, where abouts is monmouthshire? Is it Scotland (as you can tell my geography is really bad :oops: ) - just wondering if anyone on here can help find him a new friend

kayjay said:
He's so lovely, where abouts is monmouthshire? Is it Scotland (as you can tell my geography is really bad :oops: ) - just wondering if anyone on here can help find him a new friend
think you'll find its in Wales :lol: :wink:
He's a lovely looking bunny.. hope he can find friendship with another bunny if you can find one

aawwwww hugs and nose rubs for Harry poor little thing, he does look so sad. Its awful when you can't do anything to help him. Hope if you do decide to find him a new bunny-wife he is happy again xx

I've just been for a 'day out' to the RSPCA with my kids. Had to struggle really hard not to get loads. There was an unbonded large girl bunny there but I have to wait for a home visit first. i do have a double hutch at the side of my house which will please them as not so sure they'll think them living in the house & sleeping in the kitchen is 'normal' housing for a rabbit ;-)

I had to fill out the usual forms and on there it asked if I had a rabbit run, I told the receptionist that I didn't as they could use the whole garden..... that wasn't good enough and I had to tick the box that made it look like I had nowhere for the bunnys to exercise. :roll:

...........they also had some ferrets there which were SOOOOOO cute and friendly, i've never had ferrets and don't know much about them. I got home and was having nice fantasies where the rabbits played win the house with the ferrets running all over the place being fun (and smelly ;-) )when my dad pointed out ot me that people used to use ferrets to go rabbiting, sending them down the burrows!! :shock:

There ends my bunny/ferret fantasy. So fun to see though.

Back