• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOME MADE DOUBLE HUTCHES!! ***

karen&poppy

Warren Scout
Hi, i was originally gona build a double hutch and run with my grandad but we've worked out a way to attach my existing run to a hutch. So...we want to make a double hutch. I don't know whether its worth just buying a double hutch (£130ish) or whether any of you have made one for less than this (that isn't too extravagant!!!). Pictures and help would be much appreciated. I want a minimum of a 5 foot double hutch. Thanks!

I thought of making one, but found that the materials are so expensive, it's cheaper to just buy one... unless you can get materials cheaper than at the main DIY super-stores :D .
I got a 5ft 2tier hutch for £50 + £20 p&p (got a £20 refund cos of damage though) - the quality is ok - it's mostly t&g, with a plywood back. the height and depth isn't great, but my buns are fairly small and they have access to a tall run to do their stretching routine - so worked well for me!
However, if you were looking to spend over £100 anyway, you could build a really nice one!

i am thinking of just buying one. just been to pets at home (don't start anyone, my local one is good!) and got a leaflet and all next week their hutch thistle hall (massive double hutch) is refuced to £100 instead of £130 so might just get that? Unless anyone can persuade me to make one?

Thistle Hall is cool! :wink:

RIMG0878.jpg

It looks like a good sturdy hutch. reckon i might just invest in that and use my current run and attach it somehow. dont really want to buy it yet though cos i dont want to use it until i get poppy spayed and get her a bf - i want the new hutch to be neutral ground. i'll see! oh and its £110 not £100 but still a £20 saving to spend on goodies! just spent an hour revamping poppy's run with toys and got her a chube she's fascinated! so amusing to watch! dont feel as guilty about her being on her own now!

My dad built our triple hutch (5ft long) for £100 that included bitumen and everything. The 6ft triple hutch I bought was £140 (most of that was delivery!) and it's not lasting as well as my dads! Plus it needed staining and bitumening.

do you have any pics of the triple hutch hun? can't decide cos that P@H one is in sale next week :roll: what to do?!

Back