• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

okay, i need your opinons :)

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Hi every one,
as you know I am getting the bunsters "snipped" next week and i would olike them to have a nice hutch before we move house, so i was wondering, if i got the 6ft one of these http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=71&categoryID=5 for them to live in before we moved then when we did move house, if i got the shed up, put this hutch ina nd then have the bottom level doors open so they would have acsess to the shed floor aswell as an ajoining run?

what do you think?
thanks,
beth.xxxx

Couple of questions:

When are you moving?
If you are getting the buns neutered next week and then are moving in the next 4 weeks I would wait until you have actually got into your new place. If you are moving after that time you could pair them up prior to moving, however do consider the issue of neutral territory. Do you have adequate neutral space in your old house? Will your mum want to move all the hutches? Don't forget a 6 foot made up hutch is pretty heavy and bulky to move. You will not want to dismantle it in case you damage it.

How big is the shed going to be when you move?
If you are getting a 6 foot hutch, the shed you are going to have to get to put this in will need to be quite a large one. You may need to get an 8 foot long hutch as the interior size is often just over a foot shorter than the exterior size. I have a 9 foot long shed which only just allows 2 four foot hutches to be side by side and that is after we have modified them to make them slightly smaller and we have planed down the lower supports a fraction!

Do remember with the hutch you have identified is only 3' tall which is only 18 inches high per floor. This one is 4 foot tall which makes it 24 inches high per floor. http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=44&categoryID=6

we are moving with in 1-3 months, maybe is hould wait until i move and they can live in the hutch and tun holly has now until we get set up?

are you actually moving? or are your parents thinking of moving?? I have never known anyone question so many times what hutch to get but never seem to buy the ones people suggest? :? :?

I'd personally keep them as they are seperate until you do move then order either a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch/run off ebay from HH for £110 or a shed and get them delivered to your new house then bond them. It's totally neutral territory then and you don't have the hassle of dismantling everything

Back