• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temp home needed for 6 buns, another solution?

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Hi,

I posted about this a while ago, but I'm desperate now!

We are moving house sometime in April, and I need a temp home for my lovely 6 buns from next week for 2-3 weeks. We are moving to my parents untril the sale goes through. There's 2 bonded pairs and 2 singles. They are all house buns.

I'll post more details about them later,

Thanks

Nicola

Ok, the buns are:

Moonshine (Doe, brown, nethie X lionhead, 14 months old, spayed)and Flopsy (Doe, blue, French Lop X lionhead, 11 months old, spayed)

They currently live in our dining room with a 48" dog crate as a base, they are used to lots of free range time. Moonshine is the boss of the pair and loves cuddles and fuss, Flopsy despite her large size is very timid and is easily frightened.

Smudge (Doe, black, possibly a sussex or other small breed not sure, 11 months old, spayed) and Dudley (Buck, brown, lionhead, 13 months old, neutured).

They currently live in our spare bedroom, with access to all upstairs and attic, if the mood takes them :lol: Very sweet, small couple, only been bonded a couple of months, not sure about whos boss. They are both very inquisitive and cheeky and like cuddles. Smudge will nip if your in her way :lol: .

Billy (Buck, white with brown markings on nose and ears, don't know breed, 2 years ols, neutured)

Billy lives in a 2 tier hutch with some free time in the dining room (when Moonshine and Flopsy are in the crate). He's a lovely boy now, when he came to us he was aggressive and very scared. He's a lot calmer now, and loves nose rubs. He does still bite occassionly.

Emily (Doe, Billys sister, magpie markings on coat, 2 years old, spayed)

Em lives in the front room with a 42" dog crate as a base, she's quite skittish at times, and she's only been with us just over a month.

Our plan is to bond Emily and Billy together when we move house, cos we have no neutral territory here anymore.

Can anyone help by taking either a pair or one of the singles for 2-3 weeks until we've moved?

Thanks,

Nicola

i can take a pair or single but im in Kent

Id gladly help if there is some way of getting them to me.

Im going to my mums on April the 13th so will be in the northamptonshire area then... is that too late???

When do you need to find them temp homes by??

Sam x

Thanks Sam,

I need homes by next week. I'm thinking Kent is a bit too far for just a few weeks.

Thankyou anyway,

Nicola

If you're desperate, I have a large garden which could house a few outdoor bunnies temporarily. I know they're house rabbits, but the weather seems to have picked up a little.

They would have to come with their own secure hutches/runs though, I don't have any spares at the moment.

I'm in Nottingham (just south of city centre)

Let me know if I can be of any help

Amy

I've got space for either a pair or a single indoors, if you're struggling I have space outdoors for the rest.
I could only keep them til the 22nd (ish) of April - am on a course as of the 23rd.

Thanks Chloe.

Ok, if no-ones got space to keep them a few weeks, is there anyone not far from us who could look after them on the day we move? Or how do I find out about bunny boarding?

I really want to mimimise their stress on moving day, and don't want them to end up sitting in carriers for too long.

I'm not sure on the exact date yet but I'll post as soon as I know.

Thanks,

Nicola

If you would make a donation to BARC or Honeybunny's, I can board a pair or a single if you bring their crates. I have a spare room upstairs, not bunny-filled, so they wouldn't be near my own.

I don't mind bonding too, if you want.

Editted to say, i am going away for 2 days on 12th & 13th May though, so if they are still there - my house sitter would be caring for them :D

Back