• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Since when does bunnies eat Digestive biscuits?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
Last night, I was eating Digestive biscuits, and my bunny Goofball hop on the chair and took a few bite on the biscuits.

Is it okay for a bunny to eat Digestive biscuits?

well, as far as sugar is concerned, there is virtually none. So that's not a problem. AS to their guts, that's a good question, is there a 2nd opinion from some other members?

Every night, she hops on my chair, sits on my lap and look for slack. She starts doing this a few days ago. I make sure I feed her lots of hay and pellets. She does the above when I try to eat the digestive.

Ha, this brings back memories. My childhood bunny Rowan was a biscuit thief and digestives were his favourite. Boo stole a malted milk the other day too. :lol:

My Nala runs after me if im eating gingernut biscuits.. no idea why :shock: I wouldnt give her any either though cos its not exactly bunnyfood :wink: :lol:

Happy Hopping said:
well, as far as sugar is concerned, there is virtually none. So that's not a problem.

I guess your digestives must be different to ours - I think ours are full of sugar. :)

I've had buns with stasis more than once and as a result, I'm really strict about what they eat - only hay, pellets and veggies, I'm afraid.

I really wouldn't give them anything else. I don't think it's fair on them. :)

My buns go mental for them!

I occasionally give them a bit of the low-fat ones.

Jasper on occasion has also stolen garlic bread! Fell on the floor, he came out of nowhere and snatched it

There are bunnies on here that eat worse things than digestive biscuits lol * mine included* so a little nibble as a treat now and then, I dont see any harm in it.

Back