• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bum Biting

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
The bonding looks like it is going well every time but she still runs and stamps when he goes near her bum- and then she runs, he follows and he pulls her fur out.

Hes obsessed whith her bum. He hasnt tried to mount her but he tries to DIG UNDERNEATH her bum, he tries to push his head under her bum and lower abdomen. What is he doing?????

he grooms her but she never grooms him- is he saying 'groom me'

what is it with her rear end- he pulls her tail fur out and tries to bite her tail :( (she is a wimp though)

Does anyone understand bum infactuated buns?

Hiya Jemma

I think Theo is biting Cleos bum to show her whos boss! Its a dominance thing. My rabbits Liam and Mishka are still newly bonded and i saw her doing this to him the other day, i was worried at first then someone told me about the dominance thing. I dont think it is anything to be worried about, unless he is doing any damage, but anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong :)
x

if thats it im ok with that but she runs-

this is the ONLY thing thats stopping me putting them together.

she just runs so he chases and pulls her fur out. other than that they lie together through the bars and he grooms her nose 2

oscar and benji used to do that. When oscar wasnt looking, benji would go up to his bum and pull a lump of fur out - and oscar would retalliate and they would start fighting. Benji is soft and would never start a fight, i think he was just testing Oscar. My guinea pigs when i first bonded them - they were obsessed with each others bums, they were practically putting their noses up there!! i think thats how they identify each other - but if one of them doesnt like it, they would give a good old nudge. I wouldnt worry about it, if they didnt like each other, theyd be doing more than a little bit of bum biting... believe me!

so will it end?

They arent living together- they are in the same cage but seperated by a wire partictian (sp?)

ps : your bunnies are beautiful

A few of my buns did that when they first met.

Once they are used to one another it shouldnt happen as often as it is, but they will still do it.

Rabbit a????? Who'd have em???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jemma&Theo said:
she just runs so he chases and pulls her fur out.

As far as I know my pair have been together at least 16 months (only with me since November) and they still do that :roll:
It doesn't seem to cause any problems and they are obviously mad for each other :D

Back