• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where di you get your rabbits?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
past and present?

Hazel: found in feild
Crookshanks: mum's work's animal sanctuaray
dandilion: pet shop
Holland: breeder
Ash: free add
Holly: pet shop (an "old stock" bunny)
Basil: bunny haven rescue

Pepsi- local garden centre, he was so tiny my mum felt sorry for him.
Inky- Local rescue, had been left by the side of the road at a month old.
Floss- Rescue centre, she died soon after from a genetic problem, probably why she ended up in the centre.
Smokey- Local rescue, she had been given in to the rescue when she was tiny.

il admit i got Crystal from a pet shop :oops:
i got Honey off a breeder who was having problems rehoming her
and Flopsy is Crystals baby (wasnt a planned pregnancy :?) so ive had him all his life.

in the future though i will be adopting from rescues

Past: I was about 7 so this was before the whole rescues and neutering stuff was known

Snowball: petshop
Smartie: one of next door neighbours litter
Dopey: Snowball and Smarties baby (couldn't catch him so he stayed)
Mogwire: i think came from a petshop aswell but not sure, poor thing died from bloat and the rest were let free by some idiot and escaped through our move of house but were all close and still very wild were not tamed.

Present:

Buttons: found outside our house again at 8am
Amber, Poppy, Cleo and Casper: Breeders cast off as not interested in there breed no more.

Sooty.. .a friends bun had an accidental litter
Holly.. .Rescued via Kim (who used to post here.. wonder what she's up to)
Blue.. .accidental litter between Soot and Holly
Sweep.. ditto

These are my first bunnies, and I bought them off a breeder :oops:

However, the breeder is a wonderful lady, who has a huge garden and they are all well looked after. I got to meet their mum and dad aswell.

However, in future, if I was to get any more I would get them from a rescue. Before I got Bob and Abby I phoned and e-mailed my local rescue countless times but never got a reply! Hence why I decided to get them from a breeder.

Present
Snoopy - Pet shop which I have since reported to the RSPCA, twice. They are still trading :x

Past
Honey - Pet Shop where I used to work, she died from an abcess one week ago
Minnie - Daughter of Snoopy, recently rehomed in a pair with Rocky
Rocky - Rescue, recently rehomed in a pair with Minnie after his original other half died
Ginger - Rescue, Rockys original other half, died 2 months ago
Molly - Rescue, was put to sleep a day after I got her. The shelter said she had a clean bill of health but my vet found she had a terrible virus and was in a lot of pain.
Rosie - Rescue, was dumped at the pet shop I used to work at. She could not use her back legs. I rehabilitated her and then rehomed her with a lovely family.

All in the past 3.5 years. When I was a child/teenager I had:

Spot - Rescue
Fluff - From a friends litter
Weasel - From a friends litter
Sweep - From a friends litter

Wesley - My sister got him from freecycle and I 'temporarily' took him on, now he's a permanant resident :)

Samuel - Pets at home. A love purchase before my sister and I decided Wes was with me permanantly.

Present - Paddy - rehomed from a lady who was pregnant and had too many bunnies to look after

Past - Misty - from a teacher at school
Sooty - Pet shop
Milly, Mopsy, Flopsy - misty and sootys babys (not planned pregnancy)
she did have another 2 babies but they were rehomed with friends who looked after them very well :)

Charlotte

Pippa - from a children's farmpark for £10 described as an 'ex breeder'
MJ - from Bunnyhops Rescue

Any future rabbits will come either from a rescue or from a good breeder of French Lops I've been to look around

rescuing is the only way i am going now :)

although my mum's work friend goes to her local market where they sell blacka nd tans, rexes, angoras etc for £2 each :shock: she gets the opnes left over at the end for free and rescues them i might go to her in the future

Smokey and Fudge i got from a rescue centre.
Newest addition Angel was found wondering in a garden.

rogue - garden centre (he died quickly was told he wasnt from usual breeder and her stock was 'poor' :cry: )

teegra - garden centre (same garden centre as a 'replacment' for rogue :cry: :cry: they made sure he was from their regular 'good' breeder - in their defense they do look after the bunnies they have in, kept in a 'penthouse' hutch)

duchess - sgprescue :D

Back