• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post a pic of your garden!

Hi guys,

Following on from my thread in general, bunnies eating everything in sight in the garden, like a storm of locusts! We now have no plants left :shock:

Just wanted to have a look at your garderns to see if I can pinch any ideas on how to re-plant the garden this year without them ALL being destroyed!

This is what the garden looked like last year: note all the plants in the flower bed
Garden1.gif

And this one is Jess - as you can see, those pots just aren't high enough to stop her sitting and eating them, and can you see behind her - that whole border was planted with lovely flowering plants - but they have both munched them all - I don't think they will grow back this year, as any plantling that comes up they eat!
Garden2.gif

Oh yes and she chewed through the light cable, so they don't work now either.

Here is our garden now - am currently working on the grass to get it back to a lush state, but can you see how baron it is now looking, there is now only 1 plant in the flower bed!
Lawn3.gif

So come on people - get posting!

Here's mine....low maintenance! The buns do chew all of my grasses, and the poor pinks are not having a chance to come back after winter as they are being eaten faster than they are growing!

It's best to have big hearty grasses etc that are substantial enough to live through a lot of chewing! :lol:

IMG_1523.jpg

Your before and after pictures are almost heart breaking, the only thing is its so funny :lol:

I'll post a picture of our yard when we get it sorted out, its such a mess atm :(

Thanks Amanda - it was actually your other post that made me write this thread!

Is the gravel ok for the buns to walk/binky on?

More pics please - come on people don't be shy!

Your before and after pictures are almost heart breaking,

It totally is, the before pic is at the start of planting, I had about double the amount of plants in the end - not for blimin long tho!

Am desperate to have a beautiful garden again - just need some clever ideas! Am thinkin some big pots?[/quote]

The gravel is fine....the buns actually love it!! They go full pelt down the garden and then skid at the end, so that all the shingle goes up onto the patio! It's great fun to watch :lol:

I have lost many a bedding plant to the cheeky whatsits though! I think when I make my new border near their hutch later in the year, it will be full of plants like roses, grasses and palms...all hardy stuff! Pansies etc don't stand a chance!

ok we start with the before before pic (this was how our garden was like for ageeees :oops: :oops:

P7040060.jpg

then we payed for a drainage system (thick clay soil + rain = big mess) and re turfing and this is what it looked like then.... ahhhh lovely!

P7200003.jpg

however as soon as the turf went down the weather changed to scorching and no matter how hard we tried our poor little grass was not meant to be :( so we left it until a few weeks ago and then we done this

misc074.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

we bought turf ourselves and returfed it and now it looks like this (it is still a work in progress we still have decking to go down and the flower beds to do, but it is getting there!)

DSCF6761.jpg

I'd like to see pics of even 'bad gardens' as it'll make me feel better that other people's gardens are as bad as mine :lol:

We've just had fencing put up today and I need to paint the picket style - any suggestions on colours?

Back