• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is there any way for me to tell if a rabbit's been neutered?

Amanita

Warren Scout
I am aquiring some bunnies that were "2 free furry items" with some hutches from ebay. I've been told that they're an unneutered pair - male and female but they've not bred for a year. That seems a little unlikely! Wondering if there's any way that I can tell if they have been neutered. I will first of course check their gender - I could use some tips on that as well :)

Well I reckon your first call like you said is to check the sex!! If they are boy and girl you can tell if the boys been neutered by checking if he has testicles or not with girls it's a bit more difficult. Some show no signs at all but some have a small ridge type scar between their legs which you can feel if you run your fingers down their tummy.

Hiya, not sure about neutering question but just make sure you quarantine your new rabbits from existing ones. I helped get two ebay rabbits to Kayj's Bunnyhop Rescue a couple of months ago and one had myxi and had to be pts :( The other didn't have it but was thought to be pregnant although was spayed and has now gone to her new home :D

Well done for getting them out of their old home, but just be careful to get them vet checked - you probably know already but I wouldn't have dreamt this rabbit would have had myxi

My current rabbits are indoor bunnies and the two new ones are outdoor bunnies but are there any special precautions I should take to protect my boys?

have your new rabbits vet checked and vaccinated asap. You should also consider worming them all....certainly the new rabbits incase they are EC carriers.

Check for fleas and mites too.

Back