PDA

View Full Version : Interesting discussion

kayjay
28-03-2007, 02:00 PM
I've got a builder/joiner here doing work and just been talking to him about the problem of rabbit hutches and runs. I need one and he looked at the HH one and says cos it's T&G it really doesn't cost much to make one like that.

I told him there would be a market for well made and good sized hutches and runs to comply with rspca and rescue requirements.

What do you think Hutches R Us :lol:

BobandAbby's mum
28-03-2007, 02:02 PM
If I could tempt the father-in-law into doing it I would! Wish I was able to make stuff! :roll:

lynda_m
28-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Me and my boyfriend are going to attempt to make a hutch for the bunnies so if we ever get round to it, we'll let you know how sucessful we were!

And what is T&G? :oops:

missblondebunny
28-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Tongue and Grove

I need some new hutches - BIG ONES!!!!!!!

Amanita
28-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Over the summer I am so tempted to try building my own hutch as well, nothing quite seems to work for my indoor cuties!

Pepsi's People
28-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I made our 6 foot hutch at home - a proper labour of love which took several weekends. It's 5 years old now but still going strong.

I don't think I could give up the day job & make a living at it though :lol:

Mike

kayjay
28-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Well we've had a run half made since last summer and he's s crewed it together now, so I need to figure out how to attach the mesh and make a lid for it

One step closer....

julieszoo
30-03-2007, 12:11 PM
I need to figure out how to attach the mesh and make a lid for it

A staplegun is the best (and quickest) way to do this :) Good luck :)

Julie

katykat1975
30-03-2007, 12:20 PM
That's a project I keep promising myself i'll do. At the moment my bun has free reign of the whole house except at night when I lock him in the kitchen.
Only problem is the size of hutch i'd want to build would take up half my bedroom. Lol!!

Have a deep wardrobe i've considered transforming into a hutch/palace. My clothes need a good sort out. :)